HNL Honolulu Midsize Alamo

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Pretty methodical bids with time to spare. Nlot sure if previous bids were rejected because my credit card was used on a friend's account (I was paying for the rental and my ccard has been used for my account's PL bookings). Research indicated that $13 compact/$14 midsize was getable -- Hotwire showed $18.95/19.95 respectively

Anyhow, began biding at $11/12 per day for compact and midsize, increasing the bids by $1 daily until accepted. Had $5 bonus/day so ended up at $11/day for $54 total. Had a great Alamo compact rate on a courtesy hold for $73 so saved $20, which will cover parking for 2 nights (picking up on Friday am and returning late Sunday night).

One tip to anyone bidding in HNL:

be very careful of Priceline's fees/taxes amount as it can wildly vary more than in any city I've observed. Originally the fees were about $17-19 and even yesterday the compact tax/fee was $30+ (I bid for compact later in the day when it was back under $20). Friom what I could determine, the taxes/fees were automatically 50% more proportionately for any vehicle class above midsize. As i know this can affect total price and "real" savings, just wanted to point this out.

Linked via the Better Bidding PRICELINE link, then logged into PL account/bonus offer link, and then made the bid.

Congratualtions on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and pleased with the deal you receied.

Thanks for the tips regarding taxes/fees on the higher class vehicles.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]