Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (Elysees-Opera Quarter West) Le Meridien Etoile

larrylaffer
By larrylaffer,
in

My dates were flexible so I tried to bid for a 5* at first over a range of date combinations. I had no luck here.

The only 5* zone is the Elysees so you have free rebid zones for the rest of the areas so I used those first. Got up to $130 with no luck.

I then tried a 4 star. I was only willing to stay in three zones here (Opera Quarter East, St Germain and Elysees). So I had three zones to bid on. I tried to bid seperately on each area with no luck. I then added in the St. Germain zone to the Opera Quarter East Zone and was counter offered at $146 for a hotel there. Based on this board I knew that the Hotel was likely to be the Marriott Rive Guache.

I then took out the St Germain zone and added the Opera Quarter west and was counter offered a hotel at $136. This I figured was likely to be the le meriden.

So I knew that I there was availability around my dates.

As my dates were flexible I took a day off at the end of the trip and went to rebid (keeping in mind my previous counter offers) and got offered this hotel at $125 which I am fairly happy about. I think you could get the Marriott for about $130 though.

I am not sure that posting my complete strategy would be of assistance given my various date changes but as thereuare has suggested feel free to post a new thread and we can all chip in to assist you. Be sure to follow the PRICELINE links to support the site though.

Hi, I came over from the HOTWIRE thread :) Just FYI, I booked the same hotel on Hotwire for US$4 more per night for around the same dates.

Chewie!! Thank you SO much for sharing...I jumped over to Hotwire just now and bagged the Le Meridien for 4 nights at just $129 (using the HOTWIRE link of course!). I can't wait to surprise my wife with this trip...the hotel looks fantastic.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

rch1,

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when searching the forum topic titles and so we can enable it to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. In you post please also include the amenities shown before your purchase, which you can still view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

THANKS!!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]