Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Phoenix (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

Lu97
By Lu97,
in

Rates are date specific. Using this Priceline Hotel Win for the Hyatt at $45 as an example, hotel direct rates for those dates are $120/nite... rates for your dates are $160/nite, indicating demand for your nites are a bit stronger at this time than for the other nite (where $45 was enough) High hotel direct rates usually means a higher bid is needed to be accepted as well.

Likewise, if you enter "Phoenix Downtown" into the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board you'll see many instances where it has taken more than $45 to win a 3.5* hotel in this zone. (the high-$30's were mostly in summer, whenn Phoenix has fewer visitors due to the heat.... supply/demand once again)

With the above noted, i don't think you're too far off... what is your maximum bid for this stay? (or do you prefer to wait it out to see if rates come down at all between now and your stay?)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Also be prepared to pay for Parking in addition to your hotel bid win for Phoenix downtown hotels. This is especially true for the Hyatt downtown - they use an adjacent parking garage which is also a downtown public pay parking - just pull up to the temporary parking in front of the hotel, run in and check-in and pay for parking pass, then go back out and park your vehicle and walk back across street to hotel.

Still a good place to stay - just be prepared for this little bit of additional hoop-jump. :)

Hello,

I am travelling to Pheonix the first week of December to attend a conference for a day at the Marriott in Mesa. I was wondering what the best neighbourhood to stay in the area is (doesn't necessarily have to be Mesa- I would probably take public transit to it though so I think that makes Scottsdale less available)... I enjoy walking around to discover what the city has to offer, diverse restaurants. Which neighbourhood best captures phoenix's culture/vibe? I've been thinking downtown or mesa, maybe tempe (but I hear it contains some run down areas).

Also a few days before the conference I will be renting a car to go to Sedona. Are there nice hotels to stay in the Sedona (I notice the resorts priceline offers are just outside)? Is it best to stay outside of Sedona, or maybe even drive in from Phoenix for a daytrip?

Thanks for the advice- I really appreciate it:)!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]