Hotwire Hotel: ID help 2* and 2.5* both Hoboken-Jersey City

Temocil
By Temocil,
in

Fri Sept 11-12

2* amenities: Breakfast, Fitness, Pool(s), High speed internet $69

2.5* amenities: Restaurants, Laundry, High Speed Internet $86

Also, does anyone think I could get a 3* on Priceline for a similar price, or a 2-2.5* for cheaper than this? I'm going out in NYC Friday night for a friend's birthday party. I want to be able to stay reasonably cheap. I figured I'd stay here and take the PATH train?

Thanks!

On slow weekends, 4*s sometimes can be had starting as low as $71 on PRICELINE in the Jersey City/Hoboken region. The possible results are the Hyatt, the Westin, and the W. It seems that they pop up in this order of frequency. All are convenient to the path. I've gotten the Hyatt twice for $71 for separate Friday-night 1-night stays.

I'd say it's worth a shot.

I figured I'd stay here and take the PATH train?
For easy PATH access (and a nice neighborhood) you really want to be in the Waterfront area, and unfortunately the HOTWIRE zone is much larger than just the waterfront area. (currently all 'known' 4* hotels are in the waterfront area)

I do think you can get a 4* hotel in the waterfront area, but it will likely be closer to $90-$120 than the prices you're quoting above. What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd probably bid the Jersey City zone on PRICELINE. Is that considered the waterfront? Would any hotel in that area be fairly convenient/safe for the PATH? There's probably a reasonable chance I'll be coming back from Manhattan sometime between 2:00-4:30 AM.

Ideally I'd like to get something for less than $100. I might have screwed myself now though for waiting so long to do this.

I'm very familiar with this area and not everything will land you close to the PATH...

The only 2* that has been reported in this area is the Candlewood Suites and that would be a 'bit' of a walk... certainly do-able, but not sure if i would want to be doing it at 2am-4am... and other possible lower rated hotels elsewhere in the zone i wouldn't want to be walking to at that hour. As well, if you bid for a low rated hotel, you could be upgraded to the Sheraton Suites in Weekhawken, which would not put you near a PATH train at all, and given it's bus service to/from Manhattan from there it probably stops running at the time of nite you want to head home.

The 'safest' (as safe as an opaque purchase can be :) ) would be to bid 4* in Jersey City as all of the 'known' hotels in the area, and all those that i can think of, would put you very close to a PATH station. I do think you could be successful at a sub-$100 bid, but if not, sub-$110 should do it. Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]