Priceline Hotel: Cheapest Price NYC 1nt 9/19, anything decent?

moosirin
By moosirin,
in

Bought some megabus tickets for $1 to NYC on the 19th, booked return tickets for the 19th and 20th.. I thought if I could get a hotel CHEAP enough we could afford to stay but most of the folks here are bidding for 3.5* and up and paying $120+ and taxes on top of that.

As long as we aren't SO far from downtown, and as long as it isn't a filthy disgusting hotel, I don't care if it's basic or whatever.

Is that a safe bet with anything below 3* or is it dangerous to assume your hotel won't be full of cockroaches with nasty stains on the sheets?

I don't see many people bidding 2* or whatever either... so I have no idea what you can get them for.

I was hoping something SUB $100 for just the one night.. double occupancy. the cheaper the better..

Any thoughts? or should we just go back home...

I've had luck w/ better bidding in other areas but NYC is so expensive..

NYC is expensive in the Fall; while there are a few instances of hotels sub-3* (2.5*) that are better-than-average, sub-3* in NYC is generally not promising nor is it recommended, especially at the 2* and below point. Sub-$100 looks unlikely for this date, but you could try bidding in the downtown area - which is generally less expensive and near where you need to be. I definitely wouldn't go any lower than 2.5* (and at the 2.5* level, one should go in with lowered expectations as to what they may receive), but I think if you were able to get a bid accepted, it will likely be at or right near the $100 level, not lower.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]