Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast) Millenium Knickerbocker

arongangbar
By arongangbar,
in

Great site firstly, and secondly... I was reading about someone's success with the Intercontinental at 109. in Nov. and wondering.. there's something with the same description ... fitness.restaurant.business cent.high speed... but with 4 stars .. no mention of pool.. but in the streeterville area... any ideas?

Thanks again for the terrific site.

Aron.

London, ON.

p.s... we are hoping for a mag. mile 4* hotel plus with a pool if possible...

Welcome to the site.

Keep in mind when reading about other wins that rates/availability are date-specific.

If a hotel listing on HOTWIRE does not show pool, then the hotel is not guaranteed to have that amenity.

I'm seeing a 4* Mag Mile/Streeterville for these dates w/fitness, business, restaurant, internet. That could be a few different possibilities including the Hyatt, Westin River North, Hard Rock or Sheraton, although the first three are probably the most likely of the four.

If you look up 2 rooms/4 adults/4 children, there is a non-smoking hotel in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area for $109 (w/pool and other amenities) that would likely be the Sheraton. I'm not a big fan of that property - it's not a bad hotel, simply a mediocre/very average one - although it is in a great area. However, it does have a pool.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase, and let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for your reply

I realize that prices are date specific.. however I was naively optimistic that perhaps a 4*plus with a pool was available on the dates I require... pity the fool....

c'est la vie... I will wait a little longer in the hopes that my dreams are answered... for around 110.

thanks again for the great site

Aron.. with one A... couldn't afford two A's

Hi

We're looking for two rooms in the mag. mile area of Chicago for Nov. 5-8, we'd like a pool.. but it's not a deal breaker... 3.5 star for the right price... or preferably 4+ with a pool for a nice price... any advice on whether we should book now or closer to Nov.?.. or is it conference season... and we should book sooner than later?

Thanks for your time

and a great site

Aron

London, ON.

What do you consider to be a 'good' price?

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates for 2adults/1child a 4* hotel appears with: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Internet, Business in the Mag Mile-Streeterville zone... best guess is that this is the Sheraton, would this work for your plans?

I also see what appears to be the La Quinta Downtown in the Loop zone for $93/nite... far from the 4* hotel you're looking for, but it has a Pool and includes complimentary breakfast, and the reviews are very good... any interest in this one?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Personally, if a pool is needed, the 4* Sheraton is the best option at this time. If a pool is not a necessity, then there are better options (nicer hotels for the money, in my opinion) available.

Thanks for the info. We are still looking at hotels for Nov.5-8, 2 rooms, 2 adults each room, Mag. Mile area, My wife has told me she no longer cares about a pool, so .. I saw one posting today on hotwire for 4* $109. gold coast, fitness,restaurant,business, high speed internet.. any thoughts? We stayed at the Tremont 10 years ago, great location, tired hotel, kinda noisy if remember correctly, so although the Tremont would be OK in a pinch the Drake or James would be nicer...

Thanks again for the great site, I've recommended it to a number of people.

Thanks

Aron.

These amenities are common for a large city hotel and match previous reports for the Allerton Crowne Plaza, Drake, Millenium Knickerbocker, and Westin Michigan Avenue. HOTWIRE shows a Tripadvisor rating for this property of 4.0/5.0 which would make the Millenium Knickerbocker and Drake the most likely two of the four, but any of these would be possible and our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and searches)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As noted above,

These amenities are common for a large city hotel and match previous reports for the Allerton Crowne Plaza, Drake, Millenium Knickerbocker, and Westin Michigan Avenue. HOTWIRE shows a Tripadvisor rating for this property of 4.0/5.0 which would make the Millenium Knickerbocker and Drake the most likely two of the four, but any of these would be possible and our best guess.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]