Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Trump International

darklord
By darklord,
in

I bid $70 for a 5 star Vegas Stripe North hotel (Trump) and was rejected. PL gave me a counter offer of $96, I didn't give it much thought and hit the buy button again. Then I realized that I was bidding for $96 so I hit the back button before my bid was accepted.

I went back a few screens, added another zone and bid $75. Finally, my bid was accepted but it was for $96 not $75! Called PL and they wouldn't budge, I'm on the hook for $96. Oh well, lessons learned, it must be some cookie or cache thing with the browser. $96 is close to Hotwire price so it's not too bad of a loss and I might now get it for lower than $96 anyway.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Take earplugs--you'll need them. Trains run hourly THROUGH the TRUMP Hotel! Resort fee is $15-$30/day and all doors are locked to you. Service is nil but rooms are nice. They didn't give us what we reserved and paid for--what we reserved and paid for would have been $100 more per day--EACH! Go figure that one out. They confirm your reservations with emails containing links that 'disappear' by the time you arrive. If you get one, quickly do a screenprint and take that with you if you MUST go to the Trump. There are no bargains to be had at this hotel. It is NOT on the 'strip'...it's in the Industrial District right off Industrial Blvd. They charge $50/day for a 'strip view' and all you see is the top of Circus Circus. On the other side of the hotel, you see the 'point' of the Stratosphere, the mountains in the background, and the tops of industrial buildings in the foreground--right by the adjacent TRAIN TRACKS and the trains run hourly day and night and try to see how loudly they can blast their horns. Good luck...any hotel in Vegas is better! ANY, including LV Cy jail! Try the Mirage--its Perfect! Or the Bellagio, pricey but perfect, the Venetian is beautiful but with 'fragrance' pumped in to combat cigarette smoke. The Palms has the best beds, the Mirage has the best buffet. Yummmy!

Sorry to scare you...but it's one scary place! Insist on the 46th floor or higher, on the opposite side from the train tracks (but you can still hear the trains all day and night.) Ask them upfront about the 'resort tax' of $15/d they'll pile on, then lock you out of the pool and spa. They charged us TWO $15 resort fees/day until I complained--that's $180 total they tacked on, hoping I wouldn't notice. Ask them about the $40/valet fee--I've read that they pile that on some when they can. Careful of the 'Business Office' where you can print your tickets "FREE" ....Actually, it was free for $25-- added to my BOA card! If the Trump sends you any confirmation with 'links' print out 'screenprints' of what's behind those links because they'll disappear after one opening and closing. Forget a "Strip View" for $50/d...there isn't any such thing from the Trump. In their ads, the 'strip views' are all paintshopped. You can see the real view in this video I found: http://www.hotelchatter.com/special/videos...ctid=1741160925

• 3 weeks later...

No, you can't use Bonus Cash retroactively.

However, do note that when you want to use it, you can still do so while using our own PRICELINE link as follows:

1) click our link to go to PRICELINE

2) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link near the top right of their home page

3) use the Bonus Money link in the 'my rewards' section of your profile and bid as usual

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]