Priceline Hotel: Hyatt Morristown 3.5* or 4*???

cindy324
By cindy324,
in

I noticed in the Hotwire hotel wins that someone got the 4* Hyatt Morristown for $67, whereas the same hotel appears on the Priceline hotel wins list as a 3.5* won for $47.

According to Hotels.com. this property is 3.5*. I would like to bid on Morristown-Florham Park area on 4* and am hoping to get either the Hamilton Park Hotel or the Westin Governor Morris, but I definitely do not want the Hyatt, as it only has an indoor pool and this being Labor Day weekend and my last opportunity to get some sun, having an outdoor pool is very importtant!

I just bid $55 on the Morristown-Florham Park 4*, and was rejected. They asked if I'm willing to bid $15 more...def. NOT.

I'm going to wait the 24 hrs. and bid $60, and if it's a no go, I'll use your Hotels.com link (I believe you have it listed on your support page) to book it with them for $74, at least I'll know I'm definitely going to end up at Hamilton Park.

I know that priceline366 (IIRC) got the Hamilton Park for $59, so maybe I bid too low.

At the 4* level you have ONE re-bid zone available which you can use to bid again immediately if you don't want to wait the 24 hours.

If you're new to re-bidding please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and you're strongly encouraged to confirm your re-bid zone(s) with the board before bidding.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (our our Hotels.com links)

Let usknow what you ultmately decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I thought about it and then decided to check Hamilton Park's website to see what their AAA rates are. Well, the only rooms they had available were king rooms, no 2 doubles, whereas when I checked on Sunday they had both available.

I kinda figured that if I bid $60 today, and get it, me and my friends may end up with a king room, and as we both have kids that won't do. Also, take into consideration the fact that they charge for a fridge , say $10/night is standard, I'm already paying $70. Add to it coffee in the morning, which I'll have to purchase, not such a great deal.

So I decided to book Staybridge Suites in the Somerset, NJ area, using your Staybridge link, of course. :)

I reserved 3 one-bedroom suites at $79.99 each, with full sized fridge in the room (kitchenette) complimentary breakfast, and I know for a fact that they have an outdoor pool.

Thanks for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]