Priceline Hotel: London 4* or 5* - Sep 15 to 23 - 8 nights

vikdmon
By vikdmon,
in

Hi, I am looking to get a 4* or 5* hotel in London (Mayfair or Knightsbridge area ) between 15th Sep and 23d Sep for 8 nights. Operating on a shoestring budget and might book 2 rooms depending on price($80 to $105). Is it possible to get a bidding strategy and a estimate. This is my first time using PRICELINE. thanks

On a separate note what PRICELINE areas are good to stay in London( am not at all familiar with London). Looking to get something very close to major attractions but a must have is a location that is central and very very close to train stop.

Hi, I am looking to get a 4* or 5* hotel in London (Mayfair or Knightsbridge area )
On a separate note what PRICELINE areas are good to stay in London

Have you already decided that Mayfair and Knightbridge are the zones you want to stay in? How did you come up with those two zones?

I'm guessing your budget isn't enough for a 4* or better in Mayfair or Knightsbridge... but it may not be too far off for Knightbridge, maybe $120-$140 may do it?

Let us know the above regarding zones and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, the reason i chose those zones are because i have been told that those areas are very close and central to all the attractions and the trains are very close as well (Would like to be in walking distance of all attractions). I would really like to keep it to those zones. If its not possible than could someone recommend another zone which is close to mayfair or knightsbridge and very very close to the trains as well so commuting is not an issue. Thx

If you're comfortable with those zones then why not try bidding those first and then pursue alternate zones/options if that fails?

You also mention bidding on two rooms if the price is under $105... if that's not successful will you raise your bid or only be looking to purchase one room? How many people are there in your group?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, ideally i would like to get 2 rooms. Can I get a bidding strategy for those areas. I tried an initial bid but did not follow any particular strategy hence I believe that's the reason I didn't get a successful bid. Pls help with bidding strategy. There are a total of 4 people in our group. Can I book 1 room under 1 name and the 2nd room under another name but pay for both using the same card. Tx

try to book 4 or 5 nights and if you win expend your stay , in most of the times you can expend your nights up to the nights you have won .
I would not recommend this as a strategy unless you're willing to change hotels during your stay. There is no assurance that the 'extend your stay' option will be offered, and even if it is, there's no guarantee that you'll be success in attempting to add the additional nites you need.
Can I get a bidding strategy for those areas. I tried an initial bid but did not follow any particular strategy hence I believe that's the reason I didn't get a successful bid. Pls help with bidding strategy.
Do you recall how high you bid at each star level?
There are a total of 4 people in our group. Can I book 1 room under 1 name and the 2nd room under another name but pay for both using the same card. Tx
That's the only way to do it with PRICELINE... with HOTWIRE all rooms go under one name.

Are you just looking to repeat what you've alredy done, but go about it more systematically?... a 4* hotel or better in the Mayfair or Knightsbridge zones with a maximum bid for $95?

Is that correct?

Given that you have already been rejected up to $95 i would try as follows:

Select 4* Kensington...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $100, if rejected add Kensington

Bid $105

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

None of the offers have been accepted. I want to remove the Knightsbridge area and add the Marble Arch area as I heard that's better. Anyone have a good strategy to get a 4* @ around $110 in Mayfair or Knightsbridge for checkin 09/15 checkout 09/23. I saw another thread that stated that they have a holiday inn 4* for around $95 in the Marble Arch area and that would be perfect. Any help on bidding strategy. I would like to limit myself to these 2 areas as much as possible. Pls help.

None of the offers have been accepted. I want to remove the Knightsbridge area and add the Marble Arch area as I heard that's better. Anyone have a good strategy to get a 4* @ around $110 in Mayfair or Knightsbridge for checkin 09/15 checkout 09/23. I saw another thread that stated that they have a holiday inn 4* for around $95 in the Marble Arch area and that would be perfect. Any help on bidding strategy. I would like to limit myself to these 2 areas as much as possible. Pls help.

Thereuare is the pro, but if you want to bid before he gets a chance to come around back to you, here are a couple of safe suggestions:

If you have an early departure and/or a late arrival, you might consider doing those hotel nights separately and right at the airport? The airport hotels tend to be less expensive and can be handy. Before you do this though, I'd suggest you look at those hotel reviews to be sure you will be happy with one of them. The issue tends to be just how effective the shuttle service is. Some are happy with it, some aren't.

Both Knightsbridge(Kensington) and Marble Arch tend to be less expensive than Mayfair, so for today all you need to do is just substitute Marble Arch where Knightsbridge is and repeat the strategy thereuare gave you in his last post.

Then, if you are not successful with that, tomorrow when your 24 hours is up, add $5 (since you decided to go up to a $110 max) to each of the numbers and do it again.

I've been in London a number of times, and there are interesting things in every one of the areas and they are all well connected to each other with the Underground (aka "Tube"). You also are getting a little short on time. You might want to consider more of the areas? And may still need a higher max?

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]