Priceline Hotel: 5* El Centro Old Madrid Amenities

Torero
By Torero,
in

Hi, I'm currently using HOTWIRE to look for a Hotel in Madrid. I found 5* El Centro Old Madrid with amenities = Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, High speed Internet, Spa. MELIA Princesa used to have those with Suite added. Is the new set of Amenities still MELIA PRINCESA? I was thinking it could be a new Hotel at HOTWIRE for example URBAN. Thank you for your help.

you have posted in PRICELINE forum.

you have not indicated dates.

probably Melia has changed if you have read posts about them not giving suites.

Imagine same problem will come soon with Hesperia soon. If you read discription of suite it just says the hotel has rooms larger than normal, so not very well handled in international markets by HOTWIRE.

Nobody has yet reported this property to the board without the Suite icon. Once somebody purchases without the Suite icon we'll use the strikeout feature to remove the Suite icon from the Hotwire Hotel List.

Note that the Tripadvisor rating shown by HOTWIRE is 4.0 while the current Tripadvisor rating shown at the TA website is 3.5... although it's possible that the lower star rating is a results of the last review or two which were not as good, so it could have brought down the star rating (the rating shown by HOTWIRE is a snapshot at one point in time, and not updated dynmically as the ratings change at Tripadvisor)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello, I am testing HOTWIRE for Madrid Oct 2 till Oct 5. I am getting two offers that could interest me but I am having trouble Identifying the Hotels.

5* & 4* Madrid El Centro Old Madrid

5* FITNESS, POOL, RESTAURANT, BUSINESS CENTER, INTERNET, SPA. Tripadvisor 4 out of 5. I'm coming up with URBAN or HUSA PRINCESA because of Tripadvisor.

4* FITNESS, RESTAURANT, BUSINESS CENTER, INTERNET. Tripadvisor 3.5 out of 5. I'm clueless.

Thank you for your Help.

PS: Yes I was lost in PRICELINE before coming back to HOTWIRE. :)

This would be a tricky weekend right now. There are so many so called five star hotels in madrid central zone. The fact that hotwire has taken away the number of review basis, I wonder if they do that when it drops to help sell inventory.

The Husa Princessa would as well be an option (140 euro on own website now), but without number of reviews impossible to know. I know they have went in the same central system called World Hotels that have been having other properties come up recently, but mainly on Priceline.

If you are spanish speaking you could try www.hotelesib.com for top secret hotels as well. There is one 5 star that I can not figure out there for 114 euro including all taxes.

good luck. Sad to see the fantastic summer rates gone for fall now.

Thank you for the Info. Follow up was done.

There is now a new puzzling offer for 5* El Centro Old Madrid at $189 with Amenities RESTAURANT, BUSINESS, INTERNET but no mention of TripAdvisor rating. Dates are Oct 02 till Oct 5. If it is for Westin Palace it is still a good deal. But the Amenities don't match previous Match, specifically the one in the follow up I made.

Does anyone have an Idea of what this offer could be? Thank you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]