Priceline Hotel: Help with DC hotel room

royial
By royial,
in

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

My maximum bid for stay is 100$ per night (after taxes etc.) - so its probably 80$ as maximum bid.

Only this zone(White House - Downtown) is acceptable.

I just saw that someone else got for 80$ bid the 4 stars hotel in White House Downtown so I tried the same in my dates of stay.

Thanks,

Royi.

Rates are date specific, if you checked hotel direct rates for the Renaissance Mayflower (the hotel won at the $80 bid) for the dates of that win you'll see that hotel goes for $149/nite those nites... for your dates they're more than double at $359/nite, making your ability to replicate that bid highly unlikely. (assuming other 4* hotels in the area are showing similar high demand and prices for this nite)

Assuming you're unsuccessful at $80, what is your gameplan?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply.

I don't understand why in this specific date the rates are much higer then regular season. is there something special on that date?

my gameplan is to try to increase the bid to 85$ - hopfully I will find one. If not - I will wait 2-3 weeks and then will hope to get great rate at the last minute.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Royi.

I don't understand why in this specific date the rates are much higer then regular season. is there something special on that date?

It's Washington DC... there's always something going on (whether it be politics, rally, convention, etc.) it's more of a question of whether the cumulative events are enough to effect hotel rates.

I can't tell you what is happening, but given the rates i'm fairly certain that something is going on.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]