Priceline Hotel: bid help please - vero beach

bubblls
By bubblls,
in

Heading to Vero Beach Florida for two nights November 23 with check out on the 25th. I planned to use PRICELINE for a 4* but there is no record of any winning bids to Vero Beach via Priceline.

HOTWIRE shows Vero Beach Resort and Spa at $83 (12-09) and $105 (5-09) with Costa dEste Beach Resort and Spa from $122 (3 wins) in 4 & 5-09, and one at $118 in 5-09. Either one seems fine to me.

Has anyone used PRICELINE for Vero Beach? What were the prices and locations? Given the prices on Hotwire, what is the reasonable bid on Priceline?

Thanks for the help. I plan to make my first bid this weekend. I'll let you know what happens.

If I wanted to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on my cats.

Having read the hints, I thought I'd bid on the 4* in Vero Beach, Florida

If it is rejected, I'll add Sebastian, Florida which has no 4*,

If it is rejected, I'll take off Sabastian and add Fort Pierce, Florida which also has no 4*

And if that is rejected, add Sabastian to the Vero Beach & Fort Pierce bid while keeping it at 4*.

And of course I'll use the PRICELINE links from here.

That should give me a total of 4 bids without having to wait 24 hours - Correct?

Now if I could just decide WHAT amount to bid . . . . and PRICELINE or HOTWIRE . . . . . .

Anyone familiar with Vero Beach? Any bid suggestions ? ? ? ? ? :)

Based upon the HOTWIRE rate id' guess you may be looking somewhere in the $80-$100 range via PRICELINE... what is your maximum bid?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We'd go up to $119 but I'd like to keep it near $100 if possible. Based on reviews, there is free parking at the Costa but small rooms with a $10 parking charge at the Vero Beach Hotel, so they seem pretty equal all in all.

The Pricebreakers cost at Priceline lists $139 for Vero Beach hotel and Spa as a 4* and Costa dEsta as a 3* at $199. Some sites have them both as 4*. And quite a price difference with the 3* being more than a 4* - but I guess a better "deal" was negotiated with Vero Beach Hotel.

I'd want at least $20 less per night than Vero's Pricebreaker's price. Lower is better as we'll be in hotels on and off over 14 days and it is getting expensive. If I can get a good price on the hotel, then bid on the rental car in Tampa for 14 days, I'll be happy.

Thanks for the help.

At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

With time on your side i would start as follows:

Select 4* Vero Beach...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Vero Beach and re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85

Thea above may be lowballing a bit so dont' get discouraged if your rejected, just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Had to hold off bidding as the people we are to visit might not be in town the 2 days we can get to Vero to see them. I'm supposed to find out on Monday. If all goes as planned, I'll be bidding on Monday or Tuesday.

NO joy!

When I got to the PRICELINE page asking for payment and address information, I "signed in". Should I have just entered all my address and credit card info and NOT signed in? I wasn't sure if I was supposed to sign in or not. So I did.

Bid Vero Beach 4* at $70 - rejected.

added Sabastian area (has no 4* hotels) at $75 - rejected.

Signed out and back in via your site.

Bid Vero beach 4* at $80 (message duplicate request) so I added Fort Pierce (has no 4 *) at $80 - rejected.

Added Sabastian at $85 - rejected.

You just need to access PRICELINE using one of our links on the board... makes no difference if you sign in or not.

With your recent rejection, 24 hours after your last bid (ie- not when you started bidding, but the time of your last bid), i'd re-try:

Select 4* Vero Beach...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Vero Beach and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100

This will take you to your $100 maximum bid.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

The direct site for Vero Beach is offering $116 per night, pay now with no cancellation.

I also got emails from Priceline to "try again" listing some additional zone (without 4* in them)

So I went on at 80 with Vero Beach and Sabastian, and then added Palm Bay to go up to $85.

The second email went south so I bid $80 for Vero Beach, Fort Pierce and Jenson Beach, then added Jensen Beach to again be rejected at $85.

I'll give it another go tomorrow per you hints.

Is it one day - next day or really 24 hrs as in 9:30 PM Tuesday?

Since I can get $116 direct from the Vero Beach Hotel webb site, I'd need to save $20 per night to make it worth using Priceline. If there was a problem, I think booking as a "member" from their site is worth $20 per night. So that reduces my max bid to $96.

Bid session 1

Bid $82 Vero, rejected

Added Sabastian with no 4* at $86 - rejected

added Fort Pierce at $92 rejected.

Bid session 2

Vero 4* plus Port Saint Lucia no 4* at $83 rejected

added Jensen Beach no 4* at $88 rejected

added Fort Pierce no 4 * at $93 rejected

bid session 3

Vero 4* with Palm Bay at $93 rejected

added Sabestian at $96 rejected

Any suggestions - I'd go price line at $96, but not higher when I can get $116 on the hotel site.

Would re-bids with different groupings of zones work?

At the moment, $96 isn't enough for a 4* hotel in this zone... unless you're willing to accept other zones i don't think bidding again (today) is going to help matters any. As you've bid up to your maximum, you'll need a hotel in this zone to lower their minimum acceptance rate to be successful.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]