Priceline Hotel: Newbie: worried about getting hotel with no good connection to NY (Man

sagilca
By sagilca,
in

Hi!

I want to use NJ as base station to visit NY, but I am worried about using Priceline and ending somewhere with bad connection no Manhattan. (I will not be driving) Any help? My budget is up to $85 for Priceline (I've seen rooms for $120 at Expedia in hotels well connected and with good reviews).

Thanks! :)

Hi.

Check my post on a hotel i got via Priceline.

Here is my post: Priceline Hyatt Place Secaucus

I got the Hyatt Place in Secaucus for $60 a night. Just in front of the hotel is the 320 bus which goes in 15 mins to Port Authority Bus Terminal from the hotel.

Try the PRICELINE link in this website and choose the Secaucus area or Hoboken or Weehawken. Good luck. After you get your hotel, read the reviews in Tripadvisor.

The best NJ location is the waterfront in Jersey City, but recent rates there have generally been a bit higher than you're limit, $95-$110, but you could try lower and work your way up. Is your budget flexible at all?

If $85 fails and/or you're notn willing to bid any higher, HOTWIRE may be a better option to pursue a hotel in Secaucus, North Bergen, Rutherford, etc. since you'd then be able to take an educated guess as to the hotel you may likely received, and therefore an educated guess as to how close/far you'll be from a bus to Manhattan.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]