Priceline Hotel: No luck so far for 4* San Francisco downtown area

mlurq
By mlurq,
in

Used PRICELINE link to bid on 9/24 to 9/26:

4*Soma, USW, USE, FW, FD, CC, Marina Lombard - 120, 122, 125, 135, 140, 145, 150 all rejected

Tried again:

4* Soma, USE, FD, FW, CC - 160, 170, 180, 185, 190

Clicked on HOTWIRE link above and Hotwire prices have a 4* in Embarcadero for $209 and a 4* in USE for $269. Clicked on the $209 deal to book and it keeps turning into a $64/night hotel by the airport??? must be a mistake which would explain why no priceline bids were accepted at $190??

At what point does the hotel change to a SFO property?

I'm able to get up to the point of entering my credit card information and it still appears as a 4* Embarcadero proerty. If you change your search to 2adults/1child does the same hotel appear? If so and you try to book it as 2adults/1child, does the property also 'change' to an aiport location?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

holy crap.. i've been searching for the same dates/areas for the past month! i've only gone up to $110 for a 4-star and $90 for a 3.5-star on priceline, but seeing as you've had no luck with up to $190 for a 4-star, i guess i'd better give up =(

i'm figuring there must be a huge convention in town that week because it seems there are plenty of <$100 4-stars the week before and after. my friend guessed it may be the intel conference =/ i was trying to get the hyatt at fisherman's wharf since the bb calendar indicates several people got it for under $90, but they must be sold out by now.

does anyone know what my chances are if i wait until the last minute? or should i just book whatever i can find now..?

It was happening as soon as I clicked on the "Continue" button. I tried it several times during the evening that I was trying to book. It is now four days later and the price has gone up on HOTWIRE to US$229 (assuming it is the same hotel). After a few hours of hunting, I booked the Hyatt Regency through Expedia.ca which had rooms for the dates I needed at avg rate of about C$185 when the same booking was going for US$285 on Expedia.com. Thank you for your help and I am sorry that PRICELINE / HOTWIRE did not work out on this particular booking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]