Priceline Hotel: 3* Columbus (North) Holiday Inn Worthington

taliategan
By taliategan,
in

I am traveling with the family from Evansville to Pittsburgh in early October and will need an overnight stay in the Columbus area. Looking for 3* star hotel or above, and the South or East areas would make the most sense from a driving perspective. However, there is very little on the Hotwire and Priceline lists in these areas. Would it make more sense to go into the Downtown area, as it does not seem very far out of the way - although I think most of the hotels in Downtown will charge a $ 20, or so, parking charge. Or does anybody have any other recommended zones?

What are the actual date(s) of your stay. Do you need more than double occupancy per room? Is this just for a quick overnite while traveling OR will you actually be 'using' the hotel for a bit more than as just a place to sleep for the nite? What type of star rating are you seeking and what is your budget?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Check-in 10/11, check-out 10/12; just an overnight stay while traveling; 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 9 and 6); looking for 3* or 3-1/2*; budget is flexible; willing to take chance on Priceline even though occupancy for more than 2 is not guaranteed, unless a find a good deal on Hotwire; seems like there more and better hotels north of Columbus than South or East; I will be driving to Columbus on I-71N from the Cincinnati; then after leaving Columbus going on I-70E towards Pittsburgh.

Just observing your route on a map, the most convenient zones appear to be OSU, Downtown, or East, but the 'problem' is that OSU and East only have 2.5* as the highest star rating; and Downtown probably starts to charge for parking. The North zone may work but i'd also porbably consider the Airport zone as airport hotels are often some of the least expensive in a given area and gets you just a little bit further along in your trip (and it seems like most of the zone has easy highway access to resume your trip towards Rte 70). Please doublecheck the map based upon what i've written about (they don't allow us wolverines into Columbus :) so i don't know the area that well) and let us know your thoughts... you could also bid multple zones at once, letting the cheapest hotel in any of the acceptable zones accept your bid.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

An overnight stopover from Evansville, IN to Pittsburgh - Was hoping for Crowne Plaza North, initially bid 3-1/2* @ $31 for Columbus North; then $ 34, by adding the Airport zone; then $ 36 by adding a zone which did not have a 3-1/2* hotel - this was rejected, but received counteroffer of $ 46 - which I did not take. Then tried a different approach - hoping for one of two Courtyards in the Airport zone - bid $ 35 in airport zone rejected; added the Columbus North and increased bid to $ 40 - accepted by Holiday Inn - Worthington. Not what I was hoping for - but since it is only overnight stay, no big deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]