Priceline Hotel: 3* Columbus (Dublin) Residence Inn

aperris
By aperris,
in

I bid 28 first time and was rejected. I was asked to increase my bid by $7 dollars and it would be accepted. I closed the browser and started over.

I next bid Dublin and Columbus west at 3* and increased by $3 to $31. I was rejected and offered a rebid at $8 more.

I exited again and restarted bidding Dublin and Grove City at 3* for $32. I again was rejected and offered a rebid at $8 more.

I exited again and restarted bidding Dublin and Ohio State at 3* for 34. This was accepted and was $6 more than my first bid but $6 less than what was asked of me in my last bid.

I can't understand why they asked for $7 to $8 for my rebids at $28 through $32. I expected the rebid that priceline demanded to go down as my bids increased. In fact most perplexing is the rebid offer of $7 more at $28 and then when I bid $31 it asked for $8 more to rebid. I hope Thereuare sees this and can shed some light.

All bids were made through PRICELINE links at this site.

Your Price Was Accepted

Congratulations, your price of $34 was accepted by Residence Inn Dublin.

Residence Inn Dublin

Dublin

435 Metro Place South

Dublin, Ohio 43017

614-791-0403

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Sat, Aug 22, 2009 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sun, Aug 23, 2009 / 12:00 PM

There is a bit of 'randomness' to the counter-offers...

I have seen the scenario above before, as well as situations where (using your bids) a counter-offer was given at $31, NOT given at $32, and then given again at $34... as well as the counter-offer to increase by remaining constant regardless of the fact that the bid amount had increased.

Since the counter-offer can usually be undercut, it is usually not the lowest price that is possible to get an accepted bid, so there is a bit of 'margin' built into the counter-offer. Remember that PRICELINE is evaluating each click of the "Buy My Hotel Now" button as a unique offer and determining a counter-offer (or not) based upon that offer, not really considering the previous bids made in that bidding cycle. So one counter-offer may have had a low margin in the counter offer price while another counter offer has a higher margin built into the price.

Hope that explains it a bit.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]