Priceline Hotel: Failed bid: Charlottesville

electriccity
By electriccity,
in

First bid: $40, 3*, rejected

Second bid: $45, added 2.5*, rejected

Third bid: $50, added 2*, rejected

Fourth bid: $55, added 1*, rejected

I know these are lowball bids, but the date is still well down the road and I figured I had nothing to lose by lowballing. Rack rates are inexplicably expensive for that weekend: $88/night (Red Carpet Inn) is cheapest at bing.com and the Econo Lodge is second-cheapest at $125/night.

We are aiming for the Comfort Inn Monticello or the Doubletree Charlottesville. The Doubletree, in particular, seems to be a Priceline favorite. Will try again in a few days.

Used the bb.com PRICELINE link.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any help along the way.

Note that HOTWIRE has a 2.5* for $164/nite :) Not sure what's happening in the area, but you may want to find a cancellable back-up to make sure things don't sell-out and to protect yourself from rates going even higher.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Failed on a second try just now. (Panic setting in....)

First bid, 3*, $80: failed

Second bid, added 2.5*, $90, failed

Third bid, added 2*, $105, failed

Fourth bid, added 1*, $115, failed

(Charlottesville is a single zone for PRICELINE purposes.)

The cheapest hotel at Orbitz for the weekend is the Red Roof Inn for $88/night. The next-cheapest is the Econo Lodge at $160 (!) night. Many properties are showing sold out. As another poster noted, it's parent's weekend. We are in town for a wedding. Maybe we can stay in a dorm? :)

Used the bb PRICELINE link. Thanks again for providing this forum. It's a wonderful resource.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]