Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Chelsea-MSG) Wyndham Garden Convention Center

Maleficent
By Maleficent,
in

Hi there,

I have preliminary travel dates of 1/7 - 1/11/10. Is there any realistic prices to start bidding at? Ideally I'd be looking for a 4* but I'm willing to drop to 3.5/3 at the lowest. Certainly nothing higher than $200/night if possible.

Areas I'm not too sure about. Will be doing the touristy sites and possibly some theatre. Empire State/MTW/MTE probably the best to stay in or any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Are these confirmed dates? Rates vary from date-to-date and it's best to have confirmed dates to do research.

January is generally quite reasonable in NYC, unless a convention or other event is occurring.

A 4* under $200 should not be a problem, as HOTWIRE has a 4* for $169 in Times Square and a 3.5* for $129 in the same area.

Please confirm dates and we will be happy to then suggest a strategy.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase when you are ready to book.

As well, any accepted PRICELINE bids or HOTWIRE purchases are non-refundable, so you really need to make sure your plans/dates are firm before you start to bid/purchase.

However, i will add that rates during this time of year are usually relatively inexpensive.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

These dates are pretty much confirmed. If anything changed it would be a day or two earlier but I'm just going to assume the dates will be 1/7 - 1/11. A bidding strategy would be helpful.

Thanks for your responses so far and yes when I bid I'll use the links as I have before.

Areas I'm not too sure about. Will be doing the touristy sites and possibly some theatre. Empire State/MTW/MTE probably the best to stay in or any other suggestions?

I'd recommend any of the midtown zones with 4* hotels... MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB, and TS. Take a look to ensure that each of these would work for your needs and/or if you don't want to bid any of these... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd recommend any of the midtown zones with 4* hotels... MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB, and TS. Take a look to ensure that each of these would work for your needs and/or if you don't want to bid any of these... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding.

I'd like to avoid CPS, the 4* ones get pretty mixed reviews on TA. I might avoid MTE as well, someone said a hotel was too far east and had no close subway. We'll be travelling to Penn Station from Newark Airport so don't want unnecessary hassle. Sorry if I'm being a bit picky...

Anything else you need to know?

I'd like to avoid CPS, the 4* ones get pretty mixed reviews on TA. I might avoid MTE as well, someone said a hotel was too far east and had no close subway. We'll be travelling to Penn Station from Newark Airport so don't want unnecessary hassle. Sorry if I'm being a bit picky...

Anything else you need to know?

I just found the post about that hotel. That was referring to a 3.5* in MTE so I'd be happy to include that too. If I find I have to go down to 3.5* I'll avoid that zone.

So to confirm you're bidding 4* in the MTE, MTW, ESB, or TS zone?

If so, you have FIVE re-bid zones available at the 4* level in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, and ESB...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, ESB and re-bid zone5...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

NOTE: before bidding, note that on HOTWIRE there is a 4* hotel offered in the UWS zone for just $129/nite believed to be the On the Avenue hotel, or there is a $99 hotel believed to be the Wyndham Garden Midtown Convention Center (36th St) which gets good reviews if you're looking to save a few dollars.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give you an update. I took the $99 hotel that thereuare suggested and ended up with the Wyndam in South Times Sq. I am absolutely thrilled with the price and the hotel, it get's a lot of praise on TA.

I also used the HOTWIRE link. I'm not sure how to change the post so if you could change that it would be great.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad that you are pleased with the results - looks like a superb deal for this property. Can you confirm the address of this Wyndham? (Just to make sure I have the right one as the thread title.) Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]