Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers

ozMP3
By ozMP3,
in

I will be traveling to New York City for the first time ever, although my girlfriend has been there once before. She wants to stay in Midtown so I'm looking at Upper Midtown or Midtown West. I understand that if I add the Midtown East zone I might get the Millennium UN Plaza, which is not really walking distance to the Theater District. Does that sound correct? I'm hoping to get a 4-star hotel, although I'd be willing to go 3-star if necessary.

New York City

Check in 12/21

Check out 12/24

1 Room

Here are the published rates from the hotels' websites:

Midtown West

Hilton New York $197

Hilton Times Square $224

Marriott Marquis $219

UM/CPS

Westin Essex House $239

Drake Swissotel $239

The Regency $237

Please let me know where to start my bidding.

Thanks,

ozMP3

What's your budget? Is a nicer hotel very important, or are just decent accomodations ok?

I think I looked at rates around the time of your stay, and they aren't too bad. You might get a room for maybe around $115-125 for a 4 star, and a 4 star in the UM-CPS area might be a bit more, but that is my favorite part of the city.

If getting the most value for your money is the key, then try this:

Start a request at 4* in the MTW area at $122

if rejected, add UM/CPS and go to $130

if rejected, add UES and bid $140

See if this gets you a room. If you want to walk to theaters, then these will be the 2 zones you want. (UES is a 4 star free re-bid zone)

In this area you have 2 re-bid zones available at the 4* level. If you're not sure which two they are please read PRICELINE REBIDDING and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* MTW and...

Bid $105, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $125.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Man, it was tough, but I finally got the Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers for $140. I thought I would get the Hilton New York for around $110, but I was wrong. I would have paid only $169 on the Sheraton website, but it's better than nothing.

Started at $110 and rebid by $10 each time until I hit $140.

Thanks for following up and report your results.

I think rates may have come down a bit as you got closer to check-in date, but at least you now have the peace of mind of knowing it's done and where you'll be staying.

If you need help with your itnerary while you're here feel free to ask.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]