Priceline Hotel: Kauai 10/8-10/15

bbrown9506
By bbrown9506,
in

Looking for either the SHeraton, Marriott, or if god is on my side the Hyatt. Started out bidding for the full week at $100 and lost, waiting to rebid. Seems from looking over board $100 is right area--up to $110 for sheraton or Marriott, but funny how some people bid up to $200 and win Hyatt, what stops you from overpaying on the sheraton or Marriott? Anyway I really want Sheraton any ideas on how to increase my odds for a sheraton wins, seems from some of the posts that shorter length trips win sheraton, week long trips win marriot, and marriot is a time share/condo unit I believe, so maybe thats part of it....we honeymooned at Sheraton 10 years ago, love to go back for the right price

bbrown9506

You will find all reported hotels in this link: Priceline Hawaii Hotel List

You can't target a specific hotel on priceline. You need to be willing to stay at any hotel in your star rating (or higher) within the zone you're bidding at.

See this link: Don't bid higher for a specific hotel

Yellowdog.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move this entire thread to the HOTWIRE section of the board.

The above is a match for the Sheraton so that would be our best guess.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and searches)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have not used Hotwire before, do the prices tend to come down as your date gets closer.....I really dont feel any rush to book room for my trip so checking and doubling checking options! Right now I see the Sheraton 4 Stars Poipu for $154 for the full week. I can get the Hyatt to appear if I do Oct 11th to the 15t, from $236 to $245 Ive seen, started at $265 a few weeks back.

Questions is can I expect prices to come down as date nears?

I have not used Hotwire before, do the prices tend to come down as your date gets closer
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
I really dont feel any rush to book room for my trip so checking and doubling checking options!
The hotels you ask for help with now may not be the ones offered when you're ready to commit to a purchase... please wait until you're ready to commit to a purchase to have hotels identified.
And Ill ask again--any reports of wins on Priceline for Princeville area?
If there are none in the Priceline Hotel List then no hotels in this zone have been reported. As well, if you enter "Princeville" in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top fo the board you'll see that no results from PRICELINE are shown for this area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I dont' see any 4* Condo in the Princeville zone when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing this property on your own current HOTWIRE search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0chidlren? What is the price... is this "the right price" you refer to above?

I dont' see any 4* Condo in the Princeville zone when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing this property on your own current HOTWIRE search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0chidlren? What is the price... is this "the right price" you refer to above?

STILL THERE....

4.0 stars

HotPrice2: $181

per room per night

4-star condo in Princeville

Dates are just for 10/8-10/11--2 Adults, was thinking of splitting stay between Princeville and Poipu but it depends on what Condo this is? Hanali Bay Resort or Westin Maybe? Any help much appreciated! Thanks

You need to let us know when your searching for dates other than what was previously posted so we can run the same search.

The condo above has not yet been reported to the board, but the Westin Ocean Villas seems like a pretty good guess.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

sorry and thanks--my thoughts exactly about the Westin. See it for $181 for those 3 nights, and I see Hyatt for $245 for rest of trip or Sheraton at $151. Thanks for all your help....

Actually tempted to use PRICELINE for trip now since i see Marriott is full for weekend minus Partial Ocean View rooms, so thinking maybe if I do bud for full week Sheraton which is what I wanted might be the winner....but still hesitant since everyone has been reporting wins at Marriott. Thanks again

Not necessarily, but maybe a slight increase in your chances.

I don't think the difference in room class is large enough to consider this 'sold-out' (yes, the price difference is $50/nite, but from a hotel viewpoint the class difference may not be that great). It's not as if all that are left are suites, and if the Sheraton has an abundance of rooms available, the could always release partial ocean view rooms to the opaque providers, or upgrade their traditaionally booked customers upon check-in (assigning the 'standard' garden rooms to their opaque customers)

We have even seen hotels won thru PRICELINE adn HOTWIRE where the hotel website was showing sold-out... this si the exception and not the rule, but it does happen, so at the very least i woudln't completely rule out the Sheraton.

Used Priceline...

10/8-10/11 bid $105 lost and rebid adding Princeville-lost --3 Nights

10/8-10/12 Bid $115 lost, rebid $120 adding Princeville-lost --4 Nights

10/8-10/13 Bid $121 lost, rebid $125 adding Princeville-lost --5 nights

Not going so good so far......tempted to try whole week since It seems Marriott is booked since everyone else has been winning for under $125

No Longer see the Sheraton on HOTWIRE for the weekend dates, so I made a reservation (5 Nights) through the Sheraton site using my AAA for $168 a night, can cancel if I find something better, or I see the Sheraton come back on HOTWIRE! Not goign to use PRICELINE because Im afraid to get Marriot and dont want to deal with construction on my vacation! Going to try and use hotwire for last two days of trip--10/13-10/15--hope to get Hyatt for around $205

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]