Priceline Hotel: 5* Vegas (Strip) Venetian

dsrichard
By dsrichard,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best advice in addition to re-bid zones is to book yourself a cancellable back-up, because based upon current rates i don't think you'll currently be successful for a 5* on the strip for these dates at some of the ultra-low winning bids you've seen here.

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll be happy to suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, that's potentially do-able (thanks for being realistic in your objective :) ) as rates for your nites are similar to the rates of this PRICELINE VENETIAN win.

Excluding zones with resorts (as there seems to be some confusion at times among users of whether they're bonafied re-bid zones at the 5* level) you have six RE-BID ZONES available. If your'e not sure of which zones qualify or want to confirm them to avoid any mistakes feel free to confirm them with the board.

This is how i would proceed:

Select 5* Las Vegas Strip:

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $225.

If rejected close that browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 5* Las Vegas Strip and re-bid zone6...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bdi zone2...

Bid $240.

I wouldn't bid above these levels until closer to your arrival date.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and keep us updated as to your acceptance/rejections.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No Luck with Bidding -

5* Strip only - $180 rejected

+ Airport LAS - $200 rejected

+ Conv. Ctr - $210 rejected

+ Fremont - $215 rejected

+ UNLV - $220 rejected

+ W.Strip - $225 rejected

Closed browser and re-opened through savingsbarn.

+ Henderson - $230 rejected

+ All Zones - $240 rejected (this actually might have been a costly mistake?)

Any thoughts.

I would stick wtih that plan, but make sure you understand the 'closing of the browser' part... you didn't do that correctly.

After re-accessing Priceline, you only wanted to select the Strip and the 6th re-bid zone that you hadn't yet used above. Since you had never used this zone before, you basically can then re-use all the re-bid zones that you had used previously.

If you don't follow what i'm saying that ask questions. If you think you get it but aren't 100% certain, feel free to PM me and i'll confirm you got it right.

Well I didn't get the smokin' $99 rate, but it was the cheapest I found for my particular weekend.

5* Hotel aka VENETIAN

Zone1 (strip) - $180 rejected

$266 counter offered by PL.

Rebid +Zone2 - $200 rejected

Rebid +Zone3 - $220 rejected

Rebid +Zone4 - $230 rejected

Rebid +Zone5 - $240 accepted

No need to close the browser and re-open. All is good.

Hotwire was $284 and Travelocity was $300.

Woohoo!!!

Vegas!!!

David

All deals are relative... and this is a good deal relative to rates for your dates.

Thank you for posting your success and previously rejected bids.

Glad you got this taken care of and can now start focusing on your card counting strategy :)

Good Luck in Vegas and enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]