Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Andaz West Hollywood

Annabella
By Annabella,
in

:) My first time in LA and I'd love to get the ANDAZ, since it is located within short walking distance from the usual tourist attractions, and I won't be renting a car...

The ANDAZ :) is my first choice (4* or 4*+).

I need one room, these are the dates:

from September 2nd to September 6th, 2009.

(4 nights).

I also hear Andaz has complimentary WiFi (or wired internet connection from the room, that's ok as well). I don't care about amenities such as gym, or anything, but I do care about the location.

I read other successful stories here: Andaz, bids of $100 sounds perfect.

But I'm totally new to this, so I'd like some advice and suggestions on how to proceed. What other hotels -if not the Andaz I might get? (and please help me to avoid the Tower Beverly Hills, I didn't like the reviews).

:o Thank you very much in advance.

You can't bid on a specific hotel, you must be willing to accept any hotel in the zone. You can see the hotels previously reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List (and read the comments at the top of the list about there always being other unknown hotels and upgrades/downgrades)

Usually if you're trying to target a specific property HOTWIRE can be a better option as you can sometimes identify the property beforehand based upon the amenities shown, but the Andaz has not yet been reported to the board via HOTWIRE.

If you haven't seen it yet, this is a good thread to start: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Thank you for your answer. Yes, I know I cannot choose the hotel in advance. I'm willing to use Priceline, given the fact other users have been lucky on the same hotel. Hotwire, I'd rather not. I don't know if I can't get the Andaz for $100 using Hotwire, hence my interest in Priceline, but if you think I can, please let me know.

I have read other threads on how it works, but I'd like to get some advice from some expert user, for example a bidding strategy for the aforementioned dates, this would be my first time bidding for a hotel, and I really would like some help.

Any ideas what other hotels I could get, if not the Andaz?

Anybody here who can provide help on this?

Thanks! :)

I think you're chances of getting a 4* hotel in the Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone are good, but can't comment as to what your chances of receiving the Andaz specificially are.

If you want to give it a try, you have THREE re-bid zones avaialble when bidding 4* in this zone. Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Select 4* Beverly Hills - West Hollywood...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare!

I did it a few minutes before your post (I was quite anxious, wanted to have the hotel booked), but it was more or less as you suggested. AND GOT THE ANDAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very happy.

This is what I did:

My 1st ever Priceline booking:

1) Bid --> 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) $90 = rejected

2) Bid ---> 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) + Lawndale $100

Your Price Was Accepted

Congratulations, your price of $100 was accepted by Andaz West Hollywood.

:) I'm so very happy, I can make my plans and look for tours knowing my address in LA during those 4 days. Hope it is great. THANK YOU PEOPLE!

I used this link: PRICELINE

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]