Hotwire Hotel: HELP: 4* Orlando 3/24-26

dianev
By dianev,
in

OK..a little problem here. When I checked this last night I only put in one room to see what was out there. We actually need 2 rooms. When I went to go ahead and try it this morning and put in 2 rooms the rate is $135!

Dilemma here is do the first room and hope I can go back and do another single room for the same price after? Or should we not try this if we need 2 rooms?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Personally, i would risk it... with the assumption that i may have to buy the second room at $135 or $150, which would still be a good deal.

There is a risk, but i would probably take that risk; but i imagine everyone's tolerance to be different.

Ideal situation would be if you have two computers and could pull up the single room $105 rate on each... still a chance one of them comes back with "that selection is no longer available" but i would feel best doing it that way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

First of all hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

I am still trying for 3/24 2 rooms for 2 nights and I come up with this today:

If I put in 1 room I get a 4* for $131

Rest, Pool, Fitness, Golf, Tennis, Bus. Center (dont see laundry this time)

If I put in 2 rooms I get a 4* for $113

Customer Fav, Rest, Pool, Fitness, Spa, Golf, Tennis, Bus. Center

Could this be the Wyndham Palace as that seems kinda high for it since you can get it on Priceline for around $60-$70

I am just wondering your opinion on what these 2 hotels are?

thanks for your help!

Diane

The 4* without Laundry has not yet been identified.

The 4* Customer Favorite seems to most likley be the Wyndham... but since rates may be higher for these dates than others (ie- it's unknown of the $60-$70 Priceline rate is available during these dates), it's unknown if this is a high price.

Since the prices of all of the offerings you're seeing is over $100/nite, and we usually see Resort acceptances in this zone under $100/nite, why not try Priceline for this stay? (or are you trying to target a specifici hotel or avoid one of the Priceline Resort class properties?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

An update: I checked the Wyndham Palace website and they have a Webrate room for $116. Only $3 more then what Hotwire seems to be offering..

Also checking the vacation packages part of Hotwire the 4* without the laundry seems to be the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and $134 is a great price since the site has a govt. rate of $220 and AAA rate of $233 and those are the lowest available.

Of course as seems to be my problem lately it will only come up when looking for 1 room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]