Priceline Hotel: Need Help - Quebec City - August 8-9th, 2009

pricelinerules
By pricelinerules,
in

I'm having a hard time booking anything for Saturday from the 8th to the 9th for Quebec City. No hotels available on Hotwire and I have gone to $210 on Priceline for 4* and 3.5* with no luck. Does this mean there is just no hotels available at discount because of the high-season? Do you think they will make rooms available 1-3 days before?

Any suggestions?

Could just but peak season, could also be that hotels are looking for full weekend busin and not just a one nite Saturday check-ing (which makes it harder to sell the Firday nite since most people would be looking for full wekend stays), and there is also Plein Art Festival 8/5-8/16 (not sure how much of a draw this is but it seems like a big one)

Regardless of the reason for the high demand, if hotels feel they can sell rooms on their own there is little reason to offer availabilty to PRICELINE and HOTWIRE at deep discounts (and may not offer availability at all)

What is the best available rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up staying in Montreal saturday night, I bid up to $200 for a 3* with no luck....

you could bid also bid on the airport area and rent a car for the one day probably should work out to under 200.

Let me know what you end up doing as I am curious what you end up with.

GenX

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]