Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal Hilton Bonaventure

genx
By genx,
in

Hi,

I need to figure out what I should bid for quebec city... I have bidding for a few days... I need the hotel for Aug/08 - Aug/11 (3 nights) and the trip is coming up soon.... I looked at hotwire and see that there is no rooms for the saturday night so probably increasing my prices..... I have not decided if I should bid on sat alone then bid on the rest of the trip. I would like to stay downtown area as I am taking a train and will not be renting a car.

I believe on other travel sites best western 3* going for $225, Delta 3.5 going for $195 and Lowes 4* going for $212 US dollars. Typical price on priceline are best western 3* going for $60-70, Delta 3.5 going for around $100 and 4* $100-130 US dollars

I have bid up to the following amounts for the star level, which are well above the previous bids for the area.

3* - $105

3.5* - $125

4* - $155

Any suggestions on what I should go up to in the catergory? The trip is for our anniversary so the better the star rating the better. At the same time I would like to get the best deal possible.

GenX

Regardless of the Saturday nite i think these is going to be an expensive stay (ie- higher than usual)

How high are you willing to bid at at each star level before your consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I prefer to spend the lowest possible, what do you think I will need to go to get the catergory? I prefer not having to breakup the stay but if it saves me money I guess I will have to try. Should I do the saturday alone then sun-mon together?

GenX

When you bid on PRICELINE the star rating you select is the minimum that you willing to accept and PRICELINE will always attempt to upgrade you first to a higher rated hotel.

So given a scenario where a 3* is priced at $200 and a 4* is priced at $150... bidding 3* at $150 will not result in a rejected (since it's below the 3* price) but will result in a win for the 4* property.

Taken the above info into mind, do you want to try for a 4* up to your limit first, then try for the next star rating up to your limit, and so on... or do you want the least expensive hotel at the 3* level or better?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am also in a similar situation although I decided to split the hotels since I know I'll have a hard time getting 3 nights in a row. I'm staying from August 7 to the 10th.

I won a bid of $120 for 4* (Loews Le Concorde) for the stay on August 7 to the 8th.

I got a hotel at $106 for the Hilton (4* on Hotwire/3.5* on Priceline on August 9th to the 10th.

I'm having a hard time booking anything for Saturday on the 8th to the 9th though. No hotels available on Hotwire and have gone to $210 on Priceline for 4* and 3.5* with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Congratualtions on your success!

Glad to see your plans were somewhat flexible and you were able to delay your arrival into Quebec by one day.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]