Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District) Millenium Broadway

MoItaly
By MoItaly,
in

9/3 - 9/9

4* MTE - MTW - DOWNTOWN-SOHO - CHELSEA

OFFERED $ 140.00 REFUSED

Will keep updated. I saw that someone h=got the Benjamin at 130 recently but I guess because my dates include Labor Day, prices are going to be much higher.

On the good side, tomorrow when I will try again, I will use the link to PRICELINE from this website instead of going directly there.

To be honest, I started with MTE only. In future bids to priceline - having to change some criterias - I added Downtown, MTW, Chelsea.

My ideal would be MTE. Downwtown although not in the heart of everything is still okay, because I have never been to NY before, so everywhere I go I will have plenty of stuff to see, plus I plan to use subways and public transportations a lot. Also, I read good review on the Millennium near the WTC area.

I was about to add hotel at 3.5 stars but those available did not have good reviews.

Since you seem to be flexible in regards to your location, is there a reason you're also not including CPS, TS or ESB in your 4* bidding? Are you familiar with re-bidding? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for additional information but i'll add that you're strongly encouraged to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before using)

Also, since you've never been to Manhattan, i'll re-iterate AaronJB's comments about regarding the Downtown zone... the midtown locations are typically more convenient for the average visitor. It's certainly do-able if midtown is cost prohibitive for your dates, but the subway ride will get old after a few days and seem less and less convenient.

What is yoru maximum bid for this stay?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good advice. I'll see if I can get something reasonable in Midtown (I was hoping to stay within 160-170 max), if not as you said I might as well add the other areas and see if I get something. I know that 160-170 in NY in September is tough for a decent hotel, but I am also taking the wife to Asheville, NC in October, so I am trying to budget a little.

Thanks for the advice.

If you let us know which midtown zones you're willing to accept we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

I am becoming willing to accept almost anything...

Yesterday night I offered $ 145.00 for a 4* in these areas: CPS - CHE - DOWNTOWN, SOHO, FINANCIAL DISTRICT - ESB - MTE - MTW - TS

It was refused. Maybe that was not a good idea as now I have no other areas to add ( :) )and have to wait 24 hrs to increase bid. Probably I should add also the 3.5* if I get refused again.

Finally got it. Here are the details.

Millennium Broadway Hotel 145 W. 44th St. New York, NY (Times Square)

Priceline 3/5* TripAdvisor 4*

9/3 - 9/9 6 nights stay.

Winning bid price $ 147.00

with taxes/fees comes up to total $ 1,057.89.

Just to give an idea, even with my AAA discount the lowest price I could have gotten in this hotel for those nights was $ 269.00/night.

I feel like I got a pretty good deal, but will let everybody know after the trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]