Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown) Delta Chelsea

puchopc
By puchopc,
in

I need advise. Want to stay at Toronto downtown... (downtown highly preferred)

I decided to avoid the 4* hotels to skip the parking and hig services prices (internet at 10.95/day). So i started my bid on $45 for a 3.5* based that a 4* was won by another persons between $50 and $55.

1st bid $45, 2nd bid $45 for a 3*, 3rd Bid was $40 for a 2.5* ....didn't want to go lower.

oother trial was bidding $50 for a 2.5*, and the last one was $45 for a 2*.

Didnt expand to other areas because those area has also 2* and 3* and i want the downtown.

Now i have to wait for tomorow nigth to rebid or exoand the area to don valley or markham. I have a hotel manager hotel that offered me the Markham holiday suites for $70 but i would like to pay no more than $60 (unles the hotel is in the downtown)

Please advise.

I"m not familiar with the parking situation in Downtown Toronto, but if you stay at a lower star rated hotel, i would think that parking is still going to be at a fee... perhaps a little cheaper than at a higher class hotel, but i dont' think it's going to be free. Have you inquired or researched the differnet parking fees at the various star levels in Downtown?

If you choose to save money by staying outside of downtown, where will you park each day when you drive into the city?

The Delta Chelsea appears to be avaialble for $65/nite.... they offer free internet in public spaces (according to Expedia) and self-parking is ~$24US (but i'm guessing you can probably find cheaper parking outside of the hotel if you dont' need in/out privleges)

Let us know your thoughts and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

PS- keep in mind that when you bid on PRICELINE the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE will always try ti upgrade you to a higher rated hotel if possible, so even if you restirct your bidding to 3* and under, you could potentially be ugpraded to a 3.5* or 4* hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Because i'm running out of time and prices in the Niagara Falls (ON) area went thru the roof (out of my budget).... I decided to change the schedule and visiting on it 8/5 on my way back to rochester. So decided to extend my nigth in Toronto. Now from 8/1 to 8/5 (previouslu 8/2 to 8/5)

because the change of date and follow your advice about Chelsea availabele for $65 i tried the following strategy

- 3* Downtown + Don Valley $65

- 3* Downtown + Don Valley + Markham $70

- 2.5* Downtown Don Valley + Markham $70

- 3.5* Downtown+don Valley + North York East $70

- 3.5* Downtown+don Valley + North York + Markham $80 (already over my budget)

- 3.5* Downtown+don Valley + North York East + Marham+ Toronto east ($82)

At 10pm of tonigth finish the 24hrs time frame for re-bid yesteerday searh (8/2 to 8/5). Any advise on the new startegy? I'm running out of option.

Something is happening in the area because the Car rental in Rochester Airport also increase their pricess dramaticaaly. I get it through you (priceline counter offer @ $47/day but3 days ago it would have cost me $37 without bidding $36). There is probably a big event in the area.

Best regards, and will appreciate your response.

By the way , i'm visiting Rochester from Puerto rico in a business trip so decide to take couples of days extra to visit canada. Ths is why mi plans are not so flexibles.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]