Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (North Michigan Ave-River North) Courtyard River North

The one and only
By The one and only,
in

Hi everyone,

Si i'm looking at booking a room in chicago for a convention that i'm attending and i've come up with this listing from HOTWIRE.

october 16 to 21st 2.5 star at 89$ a night in Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field zone

amenities : Boutique hotel, smoke free rooms, fitness center, buisness center and high-speed internet access

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the site. :)

This listing has not yet been ID'd, but my guess is the Chicago South Loop Hotel, downgraded from 3* to 2.5*.

If you're coming for a convention for 5 days, I'd honestly rather recommend staying downtown. Using PRICELINE, you could probably get a 3* (and possibly a 3.5/4*) for this price range.

While this is close to McCormick, it's otherwise in an out-of-the-way location and there's not going to be much going on around it. If you are going right to the convention and back to the hotel after, you may not mind it, but if you would like to browse around, there's not going to be a whole lot nearby to do.

If your convention is a major one, it's likely they will offer transit from one or more of the hotels.

Let us know your thoughts on the above, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links.

All posts for the same stay go in the same thread. If you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board. This makes it easier to see what else has been considered as well as makes for fewer threads on the board with no resolution.

october 16 to 21st 2.5 star at 89$ a night in Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field zone
Hi guys, i'm going to attend a convention at mccormick place august 17 to the 21 so i need a room from the 16th to the 20th close to there.

Can you please clarify the dates (ie- month) of your stay and we'll have a closer look.. i assume youre check-in date is the 16th and check-out date the 21st, but what month is this? What is the convention and/or how large is it?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well looks like i might not need your help after all.

Bid accepted on

*** courtyard by mariott chicago downtown river north

oct 17th to the 21 st

120 $ per night

Seems like a nice hotel, hopefully it's well situated. My convention provide a shuttle from the hotel, so at least going to and from there should be easy.

As promised, i used your PRICELINE link to make my purchase.

This is a really nice Courtyard property in a terrific location. The nearest CTA station is a couple of blocks North on Grand and State, and there's a large grocery store (Jewel) right near that station. There's plenty of restaurants/nightlife nearby in the River North area, and it's an easy walk to Michigan Ave.

Excellent discount, as well; about half off the hotel's website rate.

Thank you for reporting your win and using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]