TX Dallas Hyatt Place Hurst

harbison
By harbison,
in

We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Hurst, TX for five nights 7/16/09-7/21/09. Our stay was wonderful. Hotel and staff were excellent. Although I booked this room through Priceline for $35, I was never treated differently. I would highly recommend Hyatt Place to anyone, especially to families. Very nice room. Granite countertops. Desk area. Free WiFi Internet. Fridge and sink area. 42" LCD flat panel. Sectional sofa w/ queen sleeper. Mirrored closet and bathroom doors (full length). Grand Hyatt beds, very comfortable. Very stylish. Lobby had computer area. Excellent breakfast included. Snacks available at front desk. Great experience. Highly recommended.

• 1 year later...

I wanted this hotel for a 4 night stay but had to split my bid and only managed to get two nights here. When I checked in I got a little tour of the facilities - all what you would expect, breakfast room, exercise room and so on. But no other hotel ever did that when I checked in, and even though I was there on a Priceline bid, they gave me my choice of rooms/floor and very agreeably changed it when the first one had a faint smell of cigarettes (it is a non-smoking hotel).

Staying here after two nights at Marriott Courtyard really made me appreciate this place. The building used to be an Amerisuites - I was told during my check-in tour - and had been entirely redone in Hyatt style. The room was huge, essentially a suite with a bedroom area and a work/living room area. Everything was done in an elegant, tasteful style. The television was a glorious 42' high hefinition flat screen with a lot of cable channels in HD. Rooms have a fridge (integrated into the decor, not dropped on the floor like the Courtyard) but no microwave (there is one in the breakfast room). There is no restaurant but food is available 24 hours a day from the breakfast area. Continental breakfast is free, even for Priceline guests, but you can order something off the 24 hour menu for a small price.

The only disappointment was that the rack rate on weekends is only about $80. A great deal even without Priceline. If Courtyards are 3*, this should be 3.5. Highly recommended.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]