Hotwire Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Midtown) Hotel Palomar

loveisacupcake
By loveisacupcake,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been reported to the board. While it could be the Palomar, with just these two amenities, which are common at almost all 4* properties, it could easily be something else as well.

Unforutnately there are no additional clues provided to make this any more/less likely than any other 4* property in the zone.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As far as unreported 4* in Midtown, the Palomar would be my guess as well, especially given the price. If it were a more likely ID for the Palomar, I'd say it was a great deal for a REALLY nice property... but there's a lot of uncertainty. There are several other 3.5* and 4* properties available around the city for your dates that are safer IDs and likely better values. Depending on the purpose of the trip and where you need to be, you may want to consider the other identifiable properties that show for your dates (and use the forum link to HOTWIRE to book).

The 4* Downtown is a match for the Hyatt Regency (great property, expensive parking with cheaper parking within a block) and a good deal at $69.

The 4* Buckhead for $99 could be the Westin, W, or Inter-Continental, all of which are great properties in a more consumer-driven part of town (near Lennox/Phipps and a lot of nicer restaurants). Pricier, but probably the nicest identifiable properties for your dates. $99/night for the Westin would be a good deal, for the Inter-Continental or the W would be a very good deal.

The 4* in Perimeter for $49 is a match for the Westin, also a great property nearby a lot of upper-scale shopping and dining (but a step down from Buckhead) and is probably the best value of the 4* properties listed.

The 3.5* downtown is either the Sheraton or Westin Peachtree Plaza. I'd lean towards the Westin due to the number of recent reports (myself being one of them). It's a very unique and under-rated property. The rooms can be smallish but are well appointed. Service is top notch. Parking is expensive ($28/night) but there's a $16/night option across the street. There's great on-site dining at the Sun Dial and Pitty Pat's Porch across the street.

Kimpton properties are indeed great. I'm not sure if the fact that a newer one shows up on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE speaks to the market/economy, is being used for marketing, or is standard practice. Either way, if it were a more sure thing I'd go for it, but unfortunately it isn't. If you're looking for the most luxurious that is identifiable, it's probably the $99 4* Buckhead. If you're looking for the absolute best deal, it's probably the $49 4* Perimeter.

• 3 months later...

FINALLY booked this trip.

My dates ended up changing to Dec 29 to Jan 1. I noticed the price for the 4* kept changing from $119 (highest) to $102 (lowest). Ended up getting it at $105. And it did turn out to be the Hotel Palomar as I had hoped it would be. Best I could do with AAA was $167 and the regular rate was $209. I am very pleased!

Thank you so much for all your help!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you're happy with the results that the board was helpful with your purchase.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]