Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip North) Treasure Island

Johs
By Johs,
in

Hi

I've tried to bid on Priceline.com for a 4* hotel on Strip North (Las Vegas) for 2 nights (9/14/09-9/16/09)

I started with 48$. Rebid at 50$ and 52$

They counteroffered me 110$

I've checked the homepage of TI and Mirage and they quote 130$ and 140$

So i might be bidding to low but I saw Jurgen had a bid accepted at 50$ (october though)

Any idea which level I should try tomorrow ?

Is there some reason my dates seems a little more expensive than other weekdays ?

Regards

Johs

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I dont' see any HUGE conventions during your stay, but there are a few medium sized conferences which when taken together total about 25K people, which i'd consider 'moderate' for Vegas... they can certainly handle that capacity and perhaps that is one component of the higher than usual mid-week prices you're seeing.... there could also be boxing or some other event driving up prices.

Based upon the hotel direct rates you quoted above, what is your maximum bid at this time?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare

Thanks for the info about conventions.

I don't really have a maximum although I don't its worth the chance of not knowing the hotel if I have to bid more than say 110

But basicly I just want the room as cheap as possible. I'm in no hurry so i guess i will try 55$ today. Rebidding at maybe 58$ and 60$. Unless you think its way to low ?

I will of course use the PRICELINE links

Regards

Johs

With two re-bid zones you can actually get an extra bid each cycle as follows:

Select 4* North Strip...

Bid $xx, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $xx, if reejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* North Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $xx, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $xx

Given the much lower counter-offer is supect a new hotel has become available, and i would consider increasing your bids by more than $2 in an attempt to grab taht while it's available vs. risk that inventory disappearing. It's only a 2 nite stay, so i'd rather risk overpaying my $5 than hae that offer be gone and have the available options be $20 more per nite... but it's up to you how quickly you want to try to get to the counter-offer.

Keep us udpated and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is a large furniture trade show (about 50,000 people) in Vegas that week which does not always show up on the convention calendar. As such, hotel rates are much higher that week than the week before or week after.

====================================================================

I have a Priceline question. If you bid on a 4 star can't you also get a 5 star?

I would not want to bid on a 4 star north hoping for TI or the Mirage and wind up with Trump.

Thanks for the info regarding the furniture show.

Yes, a 4* bid could be upgraded to the 5* Trump... the star level you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE will always attempt to upgrade you to a higher rated property if possible.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]