Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Buckhead) Grand Hyatt

kfilament
By kfilament,
in

Hi guys, I have been a lurker here for a while, finally going to use PRICELINE I think. Was wondering if anybody had any thoughts about this area. The posts on this thread have been really helpful, appreciate all that do that, and i will be sure to post once i get a hotel.

We are in town for a concert, we stay at buckhead a lot, and usually we stay at embassy suites b/c there will be a group, so its a nice rate for 4 people. However this time its just the wife and I so i wanted to stay somewhere a bit nicer. We stayed at the Glenn a few times, but we are just done with the downtown atlanta area. And she will probably want to just stay within throwing distance of Lennox/Phipps plaza.

Anywho, any tips would be appreciated, as I have never used PRICELINE, I read about the lowering your star trick and other in the main thread, just wondering if anybody had any specific experience with this area that might be helpful for getting a 4* place.

thanks for the welcome, and i will def. use the links.

Budget is not a huge concern, i cant see any of them being more than i am willing to pay, but obviously i dont want to pay more than i have to.

Just researched your same dates for a family member and results were quite complicated. They have already failed with $70 Buckhead and the Grand Hyatt has high rates of $299 on the 26-28 on Expedia.

First ellis downtown has a stay 3 pay for 2 offer...

Then you could probably win 3* Buckhead for $34 at the Hyatt Place or Courtyard and use that extra money for nice dinners...

Hotwire 4* all 3 nights comes in at $119 and is probably the W. 4.0 rating 60+ reviews

Hotwire 4* Sat. 25 only comes in at $79 and looks like is the Intercontinental. I think it is one showing high speed internet as it has a 4.5 rating with over 180+ reviews.

Hotwire 4* Sun 26 only comes in at $90 and looks like is the Intercontinental.

Hotwire 4* Sat-Sun 2 nights $90

Hotwire 4* Mon. 27 only comes in at $102 and looks like is the Westin. 4.0 rating 80+ reviews.

Using my system for Buckhead 4* it looks like $80+ for these dates for a winning bid on Priceline. The Grand Hyatt usually comes in at $54-60 but alway risk it will not be the Intercontinental, but the Hotwire info seems to indicate that Hotel might win on Priceline. You have so many 4* rebids in Atlanta that should be no problem.

Good Luck.

wow, thanks a lot for that man. One question, and this may be a stupid one, where are you seeing the rating and # of reviews, i dont see it on my screen.
Yes, you select the hotel with "continue" and if it is available it apears next to the area map.

The problem is that it comes and goes and is not consistent. you can then put in your dates of availability on tripadvisor and then narrow search with features and rating and usually get a pretty good idea of which hotel it is.

Got the Grand Hyatt, probably my last choice in terms of the 4*'s in the area, but oh well, $70 is still a good bit under the regular rate, and its a nice place, and RIGHT next to the Flying Biscuit, the breakfast joint of champions.

I started yesterday using the re-bid system, honestly I dont remember all the combinations, there are quite a few to choose from in Atlanta, but I tried with no luck all the way up to $80, which I thought was odd.

Started today at $60 and after a few re-bids/additions of areas/ bump up to $70, I think it was my 4th combo, I got the $70 bid accepted. Thanks again to all who offered tips. This site is very nice and I made sure to use the PRICELINE links provided.

PS-In a funny sidestory, I decided, after seeing the nice price lay out that someone else provided, that i would book the IC for $79 for Friday night, not a great deal, but I have never stayed there and wanted to check it out, having stayed at the Embassy Suites right next door many times (great place/value). So I booked these two nights on Priceline, then went back to Hotwire to book the Friday night room at the IC. Saw it when I did my search, entered my CC info, etc etc, clicked next, BOOM, it was gone. Thought it was a browser issue maybe, exited, went back and sure enough it wasnt listed anymore, oh well.

Update: went back to looking after typing this post, saw the room came back up on HOTWIRE, booked it. It was the IC indeed, 4.5 rating, 180+ reviews. Thanks to madflyer for the info.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you ideally wanted, at least you got a nice deal and for less than your previously rejected bids.

Can you please start a NEW TOPIC for your HOTWIRE InterContinental purchase (include the star rating, zone, hotel name, dates, price, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page) so that others will be aware of the purchase for that date when scanning the topic titles of the forum and so that it will appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have never won the Intercontinental either, but have won the Grand Hyatt at $54 several times. The last time I had 4 rooms. They have treated me very well, meeting my requests for high floors, king beds and so on. The reception staff have been very attentive and I have never felt discriminated against as a Priceline guest. There is a side entrance that heads right out to the Flying Biscuit and the other 8 restaurants in that plaza.

The Grand Hyatt is 229-239 for the 2 nights you won, and has been at 149-169 when I have won at $54, so I think is a good deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]