Priceline Hotel: Rejected Bids 4* Chicago up to $118 for 8/7-8/12

geoherb
By geoherb,
in

I tried Friday and over the weekend to bid for a 4* hotel in the Millennium Park and North Michigan Avenue areas using my free rebid zones (Lincoln Park, Midway Airport, O'Hare Airport South, and Skokie). I started out low--$55 a night--and gradually increased my bids with the free rebid zones. Even a high bid of $118 yesterday did not get me a room.

Of course I started off from the link here to Priceline. When Pricelines sends me the email to try again, is going through that link good enough? Or should I come back here to start over?

The problem here would be the 8/7-9 part of the stay, which is when the Lollapalooza festival takes place. If you search only for 8/9-12 on HOTWIRE, you'll see that rates per night for those dates are significantly cheaper than 8/7-9 alone.

Rates are definitely high on 8/7-9 and don't appear to have improved in the last week or two. What is your max budget per night? Would you be interested in trying to split your stay?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Thanks for the input. I knew something must be going on during those dates. I had not played with changing my dates or searched to see what was happening. I'm thinking now of switching to another vacation option--Hilton Head--since it's within easy driving distance.

Of course I started off from the link here to PRICELINE. When Pricelines sends me the email to try again, is going through that link good enough? Or should I come back here to start over?

Please stop by the board and using our own PRICELINE links... unfortunately we won't get credit if you use the links in the PRICELINE emails :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]