Hotwire Hotel: Help Identifying 3* Mackinac Island 8/12-8/13 - $122

Jakeandme2
By Jakeandme2,
in

This property has not yet been identified, and there are no amenities above would make me lean towards one hotel vs. another (too many hotels on the island that have both a Restaurant and Pool to narrow the list of possibilities down to a reasonable guess)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Any ideas on a 3* on Mackinac Island for $122 (decent price for Mackinac at any time)

Near Beach

Fintness

Pool

Restaurant

High Speed

I did a lot of research around those same dates. My best guess is the Mission Point Resort.

I base this on an availability search for your dates. They are offering a traditional room which is either a King or two doubles for $149 on Hotels.com. Not many Island hotels offer a pool ( that I could find) also leads me to the Mission Point. The other thing I noticed is that if you search Hotwire for 2 adults the room shows as available, if you search with 2 adults and 2 children it does not show. In researching the resort I also learned that some of the rooms are very small ( which can be normal for the age of the hotels on Mackinac), so that seems to fit the room limit of two adults. The only other hotels that show available for those dates matches the description but the rate being offered is $234 for the Island House. Both hotels are 2.5 star on Hotels.com

The last thing is that there are really no beaches on the island but Mission Point does have a sandy area in front of it. I have biked around that Island many times and that is the only beach like area that I am familiar with near a hotel. The beach is actually in Mackinac State Park which is directly in front of the hotel. Take a look via Google maps.

So that is my guess.

JE

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]