Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Sea World-I-Drive South) Rosen Shingle Creek

Joaquin_gr
By Joaquin_gr,
in

Hi, I am completely new on this bidding world. I am planning on going to Orlando the second week of october and I want to find a hotel or ressort near Universal, my budget is aprox $60 night for 5 nights for 3.5 stars or more. Can you please gide me through my options? I am cheking priceline but havent made a bid yet.

I have everal questions also:

Can I ask for a king size bed instead of two beds?

Is it safe to use priceline?

Is the priceline star rating the same as the industry?

Sorry for y spelling, I speak spanish. Thank you so much and sorry if you have answered this before.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You will not get a "Resort" around $60 in this zone. But you should do well with your budget for a 3*-3.5*. HOTWIRE is also an alternative to PRICELINE.

Can I ask for a king size bed instead of two beds?
You can ask for it if you don't get a room with it, but it's no guarante that you will get it. PRICELINE usally book rooms with king/queen beds.
Is it safe to use priceline?
It's no problem. But make sure you understand the rules before you start to bid.
Is the priceline star rating the same as the industry?
More or less.

This is a good link:I've never used Priceline or Hotwire

Post back with your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Yellowdog.

Thank you for your reply, I have read alot and I understand much better how priceline works. I already now my traveling dates : check in october 12-2009 / check out october 17-2009 I want to be near universal studios and my maximun budget is 60 per might.

I want to get the best deal with this numbers. What combination of stars/ubication/dolars do you recomend for my starting bid? In other words, what would you do if you where in my position.

I understand why you need us to hit the link here, so would defenately have my hit.

Hope you could help, thank you so much.

taliategan

Thanx for this!! I have had the HOTWIRE zone in my head for this stay :)

Joaquin_gr

See taliategan's answer. We better go with HOTWIRE to secure a hotel close to Universal. Don't worry, you're in good hands with this :) Are you ok with HOTWIRE?

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Yellowdog.

Joaquin_gr

I took a look for your stay, and i found a nice hotel to a great price. It's Four Points Studio City (reviews here) the location is close to Universal. It's listed as a 3*, $38 on HOTWIRE with (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business) Universal Orlando - I-Drive North zone.

I will be in Orlando this period also. So i have reasearch the rates and this is a good "hotel" time for Orlando.

Let us know what you think.

Yellowdog.

Hi, I have read the reviews for the Four points and it looks like a great option!. Also I found another option for the same dates but in a diferent location, could you help me identify it? It looks like a great deal as well!

4* sea world I drive South 47$

Fitness, pool, restaurant, business, high speed internet, golf

I live near orlando

four points is decent, great views

dont try to get Enclave its a dump

doubletree is ok but i think they charge you for parking ($12 a night maybe still?) it is right across the street from Universal. i think the hyatt is too, but There is nothing else around. I found it very dull.

crown plaza is nice, little boring for me

wyndham resort on I-drive is awesome the pool never closes! one of my favorites. I stayed there for $45 w-tax twice last year through priceline was not disappointed. the rooms with the hardwood floors are remodeled (in the back) and very nice the landscaping is beautiful too... bring soda though i think a coke was 2 bucks at the vending machine, they actually took credit cards ha ha they went up in star level for a while...well worth it. it is in a happening area too.

clarion is not bad I like it if you can get it for $35 its right next to the wet n wild waterpark you can get a room that the slider opens out to the pool the employees are really helpful and nice

personally when I stay, I get a room on I-drive it is always happening these are all 3*-3.5* im goin next month, maybe a 4 star i need a vacation. I dont want stuffy though...

good luck have fun!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]