Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Marriott Marquis

mboogey
By mboogey,
in

First time poster, but I've used this board quite a bit.

Searched Hotwire for one room, two adults for the nights of July 24th and 25th. Came up with a 3* in Perimeter for $39. Amenities are business, fitness, pools, restaurant, internet and laundry. Looks like a match for the Holiday Inn Select, which I'd prolly pass on. Also saw 4* in Perimeter, fitness, business, pool and restaurant for $53. Could that be the Westin? Lastly a 3* star in Buckhead, fitness, business, pool and restaurant for $56, possible Hyatt Place?

I'm looking for a place with free parking that's close to the Marta, as I don't want to drive in Atl. It's a must really. The Hyatt Place in any area looks great, but not sure that's an option on Hotwire. I've used Priceline with success before (thanks to this site) but hedging because free parking is a must. Looks like people have won the Hyatt Place in Buckhead for those dates at $36, which is the price point I would like, but some of the other 3* in the area charge for parking. Do I roll the dice and bid that amount and hope for the Hyatt? I was thinking of bidding in the $35-$40 range in the Perimeter area because all the 3* in that area have free parking and at that price point I figure 3.5* and up would be out of the question. Is that a viable strategy?

Sorry, for the long post. This site is a GREAT resource and has saved me some nice money in the past. And yes, I always use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links found here! :)

First time poster, but I've used this board quite a bit....This site is a GREAT resource and has saved me some nice money in the past. And yes, I always use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links found here! :)

We're glad the board has been helpful with your pevious purchases and thank you for using our links, but i'll add that it's a bit disappointing that this is your first post :) It would be appreciated if you began to share your wins with the board, which helps other users with their own travel plans, just as you have been helped by the posts of those before you.

The 4* Perimeter property is a match for both the Crowne Plaza Ravinia and the Westin North Perimeter so either of these woudl be our best guess. However, if you change your search to 4adults/0chidlren a 4* hotel appears in this zone with the same amenities and price, but also shows a Tripadvisor rating of 3.5/5.0 and 20+ reviews, which is consistent with the Crowne Plaza, so that would be our best guess for this one. While i suspect that this is the same hotel as is appearing on your 2adult/0chidlren search, no guarantees that it is, so if you're interested in this property ti woudl be 'safer' to purchase on a 4adults search with the TA info showing.

The Buckhead property is a match for the Atlanta Buckhead Hotel so that would be our best guess for that one.

Let us know if any of the above work for your needs and how it goes OR how you'd like to proceed.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What are you doing in ATL? If easy guaranteed MARTA access is your main or only concern, the Hartsfield Jackson Airport zone is probably your safest bet. Almost every property will have a dedicated Airport shuttle, and the Airport itself is the southern terminus of the MARTA line. Most 3* in the Airport zone will have free parking, but the 4* properties in that zone will mostly charge.

In Buckhead & Perimeter MARTA access can be a crap-shoot. There are a couple of nearby MARTA stations in Buckhead, but there are a few previously reported properties that would not be highly accessible by foot due to location and/or proximity (the Hyatt Place comes to mind, a long walk and on the other side of GA 400). Perimeter has a single Marta station accessible by bus transfer from many properties, but I'm not sure if any have shuttles and I don't know of any within reasonable walking distance.

I'm very familiar with the hotels in the Perimeter area. The 3* you are describing sounds like the Comfort Suites...I haven't stayed at this hotel but it looks nice...better than the typical Comfort Inn. There is also a 3* Hyatt Place nearby. My recommendation is to book one of the 3.5* or 4* hotels in the area. The 4* hotels include the W Hotel, Westin and Crowne Plaza Ravinia. The W is listed with the Spa ammenity...and they charge for parking. The Crowne Plaza and Westin are both nice, they have free parking (unless you valet), and have shuttle service to the MARTA station. Both have fluctuated between 3.5* and 4* over the past 2 years. I personally prefer the Westin.

The 3.5* hotels in the area include the Hilton Suites, Embassy Suites and Marriott. All have shuttle service to the MARTA station. You will most likely get the Hilton Suites. If you get the Kitchenette icon, it is likely the Embassy Suites. I haven't seen the Marriott on this board in about a year. I've stayed at the Hilton Suites and like it a lot. You can't go wrong with any of these 3 hotels and the price is usually very good.

I actually posted originally on the Hotwire forum, but ended up using PRICELINE.

Using the provided PRICELINE link..

Bid $70 - 4* Downtown - Rejected

Bid $72 - 4* Downtown, Forest Park/Riverdale - Rejected

Bid #73 - 4* Downtown, Forest Park/Riverdale, Jonesboro - Accepted at Marriott Marquis.

They offered to let me rebid immediately using the same criteria IF I boosted my bid by $22, which I knew was crazy.

VERY happy with this hotel as I've stayed there before and this was the hotel I was targeting. I originally wanted to save a few bucks and try the Perimeter and Buckhead areas, but I remembered previous trips to Atlanta and it's worth it to just be downtown where everything is. Have to figure out the best parking option now. Any suggestions?

This site is TERRIFIC resource and I would never have figured out how to bid properly if not for you help.

Thanks!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]