Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

thefreematrix
By thefreematrix,
in

I was really hoping to win the Sheraton Hotel in Toronto for $55 based on some people's bids for Sept 10-19, but having bid on the downtown region of toronto at $55, my bid was not accepted.

I need help. I can't go much higher and can only do sept 10-19 or sept 10-18...

Any suggested path of action?

(I used the link to PRICELINE from this site, of course) :-)

Please note as per our support page that we're affiliates of most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check the support page for your hotel direct purchases.

For your Toronto stay, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (you'll likely need to change hotels during your stay)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's true that a couple of people were able to book one-night stays within these dates, but both of them locked in months ago (one booked in March, the other in April). I think it's going to be impossible now to get 4* hotel rooms in the $55 range for the entire TIFF, no matter how many ways you split this bid.

Given that you're not willing to spend much more than $55/night, what is the minimum star-level that you're willing to bid for to get a room in downtown Toronto? And what alternatives have you considered if these bids fail?

I feel like such an idiot. I had seen a Hotwire deal just a week ago for my stay during these dates, 4 stars...It was $56-58. Should have grabbed it then! now i'm really kicking myself.

splitting wise, i'm willing to split the stay a bit, and can bid up to, say, 65. $70 if i have no choice. i was originally hoping to get the sheraton.

PS. for my last booking, I actually ended up booking directly with the hotel via an industry connection. (My stay ended up being free)

What approach do you want to try first... SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID for a $55 win (which tilepusher mentions is less than likely) OR would you first like to try bidding for the entire stay with your new $70 maximum bid?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in Toronto you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Toronto...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $61, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $67, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $69, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions freel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Was that $56 hotel on Hotwire in Downtown Toronto East? If so, that was probably the Delta Chelsea, a 3.5* hotel on PRICELINE. There is only one other known 3.5* hotel in Downtown Toronto on PRICELINE, the Hyatt Regency; if that hotel is okay as well, then I suggest that you bid for a 3.5* hotel now. You have seven rebid zones, so you can try the same strategy that thereuare gave you for 4* bidding, except that you'll have to eliminate one of the bids.

I just keep trying! ;-)

I've just found a 4* on Hotwire at $81 that is not the Delta Chelsea (I hope/think), so it might be a good sign. I did Sept 10-17...when i enter Sept 10-18, I get the Delta Chelsea... so maybe it's worth trying those dates on priceline for a lower bid & then figuring out the remaining few days later... I'll try that. Any suggestions? HUGE thanks for all the help so far, btw.

Update: I bid on PRICELINE for Sept 10-17 (using your links to start)... and Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel accepted my bid of $74. I started from $65 and added rebid zones raising my bid by $2 each time. Then I added an extra night at the same rate to Sept 18. A far cry from the $55 I originally thought I'd get, but a good hotel (I've stayed there before) and it's still a great rate. Just more than I had hoped for.

Thank you so much!

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. While unfortunately more than you planned on spending, this still looks like a very good deal for busier dates and a hotel you're familiar with.

Using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]