Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Oakland-Eastbay (Berkeley-Emeryville) Four Points Bay Bridge

tommyd229
By tommyd229,
in

First off - This is a great site and greatly helps with the bidding on Priceline travel! I tell everyone about this site.

I am traveling to Napa / Sonoma this weekend and I need a place for 1 night (arrive on Saturday July 18th). There is unfortunately not a lot of recent posts in this small region and I was wondering if anyone has had some recent failed bids and just have not posted. I am flexible on the exact region and star quality but want the price to be around 100.

I tried some low ball offers and these were denied. Also, hotwire only has 1 or 2 properties listed so there may be an event going on this weekend. Any insite or recent success stories for bidding on this region would be helpful.

Thank you!!!

This looks like it may be a tough win...

What is the best rate your able to find for an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

What were the amount of your failed bids? Did you want the highest rated hotel you can get for $100 or under, then if rejected try the next star level down, and so-on... or is your goal the least expensive 'x' star rated hotel or better?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree. This may be a very difficult win indeed but I am up for a challenge.

The conventional nice hotels: hyatt or marriott are sold out on their websites and these were popular wins in the past on this board (so they will not appear via priceline now unfortunately). The 4* and 5* hotels are going for $400 +, the econolodge type place that is on hotwire is $79 (2 stars) and $273 for 4 star.

My failed bids were for 3.5 and 4 star hotels in any region (there were 4 regions in the area that I tried). I just low balled completely just to have a feeling as i was bidding 'blind.' The highest rejected bid was $70. Low I know but this was just a starting point. My goal is the highest rated hotel that I can get for $100 and under. My 24 hour window has expired so I can bid again. I will do $90 and start at the highest star rating that I can and work my way down. I still have a few days. Worst case scenario is I just make a day trip out of it.

I miss those late night at the Malibu dinner over there in Hoboken. Thanks for the help!

The Mile Square misses you :) ... although depending how long ago you left you might not recognize the place right now (which is good in some ways and bad in others)

there were 4 regions in the area that I tried
So are you willing to accept more than just the Napa zone as defined by PRICELINE? Which PRICELINE zones are acceptable?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am just following up / closing out my previous question. I was unable to find anything in Napa for Saturday night under 110 dollars at 2.5* and above so I opted to stay closer to San Francisco (where I was spending Sunday and flying out of). I did Priceline a 2.5 star hotel in the berkeley / emeryville area. I bid on Friday for a Saturday stay (7/18 - 7/19). Tried 3* berkeley / emeryville bid $65 failed. Tried 2.5 * same area and won the 4 points sheraton in emeryville for $60 + fees. It was fine. I liked that it was close to Oakland (we went to an A's game) and close to San Francisco and it had free parking! Thanks for the help on the Napa search but there is really a small inventory of hotels in that region and they are very spread out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]