Priceline Hotel: 4* Santa Monica-Marina Del Ray Rejected 8/14-8/17

davetroy
By davetroy,
in

Bid $90. Rejected.

Added Redondo-Manhattan Beaches. Bid $100. Rejected.

Added Culver City. Bid $105. Rejected.

Added Lawndale. Bid $110. Rejected.

Stopped bidding because I didn't want to go lower than 4* (afraid of getting a hotel outside of Santa Monica, which is where I want to be) and know I can get the Sheraton Delfina on Hotwire for anywhere between $119 and $133, depending on the time of day I check.

I was bidding 4* only because the only hotel you have listed is the Santa Monica Beach Hotel, and I want to be sure I'm in Santa Monica. But that might be too risky; hotels outside Santa Monica could come up if I'm successful, correct?

It seems, anyway, that nobody on this forum has successfully bid for a 4* hotel in Santa Monica for quite a while.

Thanks,

Dave

I was bidding 4* only because the only hotel you have listed is the Santa Monica Beach Hotel, and I want to be sure I'm in Santa Monica. But that might be too risky; hotels outside Santa Monica could come up if I'm successful, correct?
Correct, the hotel list is only a copilation of hotels reported to the board. See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List
It seems, anyway, that nobody on this forum has successfully bid for a 4* hotel in Santa Monica for quite a while.
If you enter "Santa Monica" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at top of the page you'll see all reported wins pertaining to this area :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Correct, the hotel list is only a copilation of hotels reported to the board. See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List

If you enter "Santa Monica" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at top of the page you'll see all reported wins pertaining to this area :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Rejected again!

Bid $120 4* Santa Monica. Rejected.

Added Redondo, bid $130. Rejected.

Added Culver City, bid $140. Rejected.

Added Lawndale, bid $150. Rejected.

Ran out of areas without 4* hotels and stopped bidding. I think this could be impossible unless I bid really high. But if they're offering a 4* in Santa Monica, that means it's possible to get one, right?

I also just made a related posting on the Hotwire Los Angeles forum.

4* Santa Monica-Venice-Marina del Ray, Aug. 14-17

$179

Near Beach

Smoke-Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Trip advisor 3.5 out of 5

Based on 180+ customer reviews (Last reviewed June 2009)

I'm assuming this is the Sheraton Delfina. But oddly enough, I can do better for those three nights by booking through the hotel's stay three nights, get the third night free offer ($502 total for three nights). Emailed Hotwire about this and their response was, basically, "Don't assume it's the Sheraton Delfina." But it most likely is, correct?

Tried re-bidding on Priceline three more times. Bid up to $175 (150/160/170/175) for a 4* in Santa Monica, re-bidding in Redondo, Lawndale and Culver City, and was rejected each time. Hotwire 4* for the dates never got back below $179, so I ended up booking through the Sheraton Delfina's site at $502 for the three nights ($167 + tax) through their stay two nights, get the third free offer.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

I ended up booking through the Sheraton Delfina's site...

Please note, as per our support page, that this board is an affiliate of the Sheraton as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies... please check for and use the link in our support page for your future hotel direct purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]