Priceline Hotel: 2* Jasper Days Inn

JenBH
By JenBH,
in

:)

The sad story of trying to find a hotel to stay in when we go to Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN:

I started bidding at $25 and bid it up in $5 (or so) increments over time. I was finally up to $59. In my opinion, this price on PRICELINE is way, WAY too high for a 2 star hotel, (I am staying at a 4* in downtown Chicago this week for $62!!) but because it's so close to Holiday World, sometimes we have to go a little higher.

However, I had searched and found my usual hotel (the Hampton Inn in Jasper) was $98 for the night, so I decided to go for the deal.

I bid the $59 and received a message that if I raised by my by $17 ($74) they could get me a room. It was still cheaper than the $98 I was planning to pay so I did it.

I got my hotel.

It's the

Days Inn

272 Brucke Strasse

Jasper, IN 47546 US

With taxes, I'm $93.33. I went to the Days Inn website and found that I could have purchased a room from them directly for $89.70. I'm ok with having to stay at a different hotel (that's the deal when you go with Priceline) but I'm not ok with having to pay MORE through PRICELINE than with the hotel direct.

What a bummer.... that is my first bad bidding experience with Priceline. I hope I'm happily surprised when I get to the hotel.

I wanted to add to this post that Priceline does have a low price guarantee:

If, after booking any of these travel products, you find a better published price online for the exact same product and itinerary within 24 hours, give us a call and we'll refund you 100% of the difference if you qualify. And I'm not done - I'll also throw in a coupon for $50 off your next booking of a 2-nights or longer Priceline Vacation Package

(see coupon details). Special discounts and memberships excluded.

But, my lower price would have come through my AAA membership, so I'm out of luck.

I won't give up on PRICELINE, but this one was a disappointment.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

If you've won the Hampton Inn thru PRICELINE in the past can you please add your last purchase to the board (details can still be seen by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT>>MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page) so we can also add this property to the hotel list.

For future reference note that your claim above would have likely been denied, not just due to it being a AAA rate, but because the best price guarantee would apply to the room rate before fees and taxes, which based upon the prices you quoted, it appears your rate was only higher after fees and taxes.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you're future purchases have bring about bigger savings!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I won't be able to find exact details for the Hampton Inn in Jasper, IN. It's been to long since I won it through Priceline. However, for those that read through these posts, I can say that we have stayed there in the past through Priceline for around $60 in the summer. Hope that's helpful!

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]