Hotwire Hotel: THE BROADWAY MANOR INN

rhaf
By rhaf,
in

Hi folks,

We are looking for a nice and clean place to stay in San Francisco with reasonable or no parking costs.

In our search we came accross the THE BROADWAY MANOR INN

Has anybody here stayed there recently? Who can give a firsthand review?

Any other suggestions are ofcourse also welcome.

We are travelling with our kids and my parents. Personally I usually don't put too much emphasis on the state of the property, but in this case obviously I don't want to spoil their first time experience with a lesser quality motel. On the other hand our budget also does not allow for 4 night stays in 120$ + motels/hotels.

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

We will be staying there from the 26 till the 30th. There are 4 adults and 2 children (10-13) so we need two rooms. Either one room with a kingsize bed and one room with two queen sized beds or two rooms with two queen sized beds..

Broadway Manner charge about 89$ ex tax and parking is free. So it looks like a good deal but we would like to know for sure from people who have stayed there them selfs.

Regards and thanks.

It depends what you're looking for from your hotel stay, but the reviews are not that great and this is a motel with exterior corridors.

Searching HOTWIRE for 2rooms/4adults/2children shows a 4* hotel in the downtown zone for $99/nite and a 3.5* starting at $89/nite. Yes, you'll pay for parking, but assuming you won't need your car during your stay, you can always park your car in a nearby lot less expensive than the hotel OR worst case scenario park the car at Long Term Parking at the airport (website shows $14/day) and take the Bart back to the hotel.

Bottomline is that you can get a substantially nice hotel for ~$20 more per nite (or just $10 per room... $3.50/pp per nite) and that wouldn't be enough savings for me to stay at a motel when i can have something much nice for just a bit more... the Broadway Manor may be cheaper, but it doesn't represent a better value, imo.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, thanks for your info.

I guess you are right and I must admit that I was thinking along the same lines. You suggested longterm parking at the airport, which is a possibility. I found a longterm parking place via www.skypark.com which is more or less the same, but includes an additional safety arrangement for my rental car.

Bottom line is that we can now look at staying at a better hotel near Fisherman's Wharf.

But in this case I must indicate that the reason for looking for a good but cheaper place to stay is not to save 10 to 20$ a night. I went through the options on Hotwire and found suitable arrangements in the 65 to 100$ p/n, but these all are ex tax prices and ex parking which we have found ranges from around 35$ to 65$ a night ex tax. Then take into account that we travelling with our parents so that means two rooms each night and that for just over 3.5 weeks. :)

So you can imagine that saving 60 to 65$ a night makes a lot of difference. :)

But I don't want to save money by staying in a dump so I always try to find someone who can report about a motel/hotel from their own recent experience.

Again thanks for your help!!

Kind regards

Hi folks,

I've been looking at a 4* hotel in the Embarcadero Area for some time. This has been priced by Hotwire for 99$ for the last 3 or 4 days.

Periuod is the 26th aug for 4 nights.

Fitness Center / Restaurant(s) / Business Center / High-speed Internet Access

4.0 out of 5 tripadvisor

Based on 260+ customer reviews (Last reviewed July 2009)

Do you think this is Le Meridian?

The thing is, I just checked the availability at Le Meridian and they indicate only King Size beds rooms. However I clearly indicated 4adults and 2 children and 2 rooms on Hotwire...

Regards and thanks for the help.

Fitness Center / Restaurant(s) / Business Center / High-speed Internet Access

4.0 out of 5 tripadvisor

Based on 260+ customer reviews (Last reviewed July 2009)

Do you think this is Le Meridian?

No, I don't believe what you're seeing is the Le Meridien because that hotel is rated 4.5 stars on Tripadvisor. The Tripadvisor reviews you're seeing are a match for the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero, so that would be my best guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Still haven't decided...difficult decision to make.

Any ideas on what this could be:

3.5-star hotel in Embarcadero Area

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

same period as before.26th aug for 4 nights

regards

rhaf - If you checked the BB Hotwire Hotel List, you'd see that this hotel is a likely a match for the Club Quarters.

It's a decent place for business travelers, but not a hotel I'd recommend for groups/families unless you got a suite. The rooms are pretty small and many/most have only one bed.

If you put in 4 for the number of guest per room and the (alleged) Club Quarters still comes up, maybe that means they'd be giving you a bigger room or a suite. In that case, it should be ok. Chances are that if it's just a room, it will still be on the small side, though.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]