Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Boston Park Plaza

LouLou
By LouLou,
in

Hello

We booked the Boston Park Plaza Hotel for 22 - 24 December 2009 (2 nights).

Copley Square - Theatre District

Boston Park Plaza Hotel

64 Arlington Street

Boston, Massachusetts 02116

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $70.00

Subtotal: $140.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $26.52

Total Charges: $166.52

I have since read some very negative reviews of this hotel on other forums, does anyone have some feedback from their own experience? I understand we are now locked into this hotel, so just after some feedback on what to expect.

We used the BetterBidding PRICELINE link to start our bidding.

Thanks for your help

LouLou

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

I have never stayed at this hotel. But i took a quick look at the reviews. Sure, they are very mixed. But have in mind that you paid $70/night when other guests the posting the negative paid $300+ and around $200. also look at the numbers of posts the prople have that posted the negativie reviews. Many just got 1 post. I think this is an older solid 3* hotel with some dings here and there.

I would take many of the reviews with a grain of salt. I mean, can you really give a hotel 1* because you don't like the color in the lobby or you had to wait for the elevator or didn't like the pillow. That tells me more about the guest than the hotel.

Hope everything works out for you.

Yellowdog.

Thanks Yellow Dog.

I will be sure to post a review of the hotel post our December stay.

It is probably worth noting that I checked out the hotel's website for the cost of a stay on these nights, through a direct booking - It would be US$125/ night (including taxes). So not quite the saving you mentioned (but a saving nonetheless!).

I guess my concern is that we requested a 3.5* hotel and will be very disappointed to stay at something less than this, regardless of the price paid; ie. if we were comfortable to try a hotel with a lesser * quality, we would have selected this and bid accordingly. :)

Don't get me wrong, given the price paid I know I sound like a whinger. But given the star rating requested, I am understandingly very disappointed to now read such mixed reviews, some mentioning tiny rooms, cockroaches, paper thin walls, dust and mould - it does give cause for alarm. :o

Despite this, thank you for your response. As yet, in planning our US holiday this is our first poor experience with Priceline and hopefully with low expectations it turns out better than we hope! :)

Being new to Priceline, we have appreciated the fantastic resource of the Better Bidding Forum. We will be sure to refer our friends here. :)

Cheers

LouLou

LouLou,

I stayed at the Park Plaza about two and a half years ago in a room with 2 double beds. I have no complaints about it at all, especially the location as I was in town for the First Night festivities. The hotel has a McCormick and Schmick's on site if I remember correctly and a very nice lobby. It's not furnished in an exciting way, but I would say overall the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]