Hotwire Hotel: 4* or 4.5*, MagMile/Streeterville - 7/16-7/18 (2 nights)

JGonzo
By JGonzo,
in

Hello all,

First, thanks so much for this site - what a truly great resource! Your work is much appreciated. Now, if I could get a little advice, it would be much appreciated.

I've done a hotwire search for the nights above, and returned several results. My girlfriend and I are traveling to Chicago for a nice quick getaway and would like a fairly nice and quiet property. Our tastes run more toward the modern (more W than Renaissance) and all things being equal, we would prefer a quiet, well run property with better amenities over super perfect location on Michigan Ave, etc.

The best hit that I got on my hotwire search was:

4* - MagMile, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Hi-Speed Internet

It does not seem to match any of the hotels on the forum list.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the site.

My guess would be that this is the Wyndham, which is now showing as a 4* in the vacation package area of the site.

However, here's one better suggestion: search for 3 adults instead. You should see a 4* in the North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast area for $94 with the amenities Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa. This is a likely match for the W Lakeshore.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes and if you have any questions.

My apologies for continuing to ask silly questions and use up your time, but I have one more question - there is currently a 4.5* displayed at 162/night, with amenities fitness, restaurant, business, and internet - is there any way to know if this is the James, Conrad, or InterContinental? I've stayed at the Conrad (when it was still the Le Meridien) and wouldn't spend 162 on it, and don't much care for IC's style, etc., but I have heard really amazing things about the James. Does anyone have any experience with it, and would you consider it to be worth the money?

Thanks!

This would be either the Intercontinental or Conrad, but probably more likely the Intercontinental. The James is a very nice property, but I wouldn't go out of my way or spend a ton to stay there, especially when there are much cheaper options available. The Intercontinental is a wonderful, incredibly historic hotel, but if you're not into staying at a historic property, then it definitely wouldn't be a hotel I'd suggest.

I'm not sure I've ever stayed in a hotel in Chicago that I would classify as "amazing". Many of them are very nice, but I don't think I've ever encountered one that I'd feel is worth over $250 a night, and $200 would be pushing it for many of them.

There's a 3.5* boutique showing in the NMA (Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa) area that would likely be the Indigo for $98. Cute, sunny little boutique property that I like quite a bit. Also near a lot of nightlife, if that's important.

I'm also seeing what appears to be the W Lakeshore (4* NMA-WT-GC, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa) for $127, but only when searching for 3 people.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]