Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago Suburbs (Oak Brook-Downers Grove) Hyatt Lodge at McDonalds

sierrawells
By sierrawells,
in

Hi,

I'm spending the weekend of July 24-26 in Chicago with my 6 year old daughter. We arrive at Midway Airport at 7pm. I understand the El is quite safe an convenient. Ideally, we would take the Orange Line to the downtown loop and maybe catch the redline to the hotel.

I'd like to find a hotel near the American Girl Store (111 East Chicago Ave) or convenient to walking to the El. Any suggestions. I'd like to be in a 4 star hotel for under $65 per night. Also a consideration....a family friend might be joining us for one night and driving to the hotel. Any thoughts on inexpensive parking for her?

Thanks

The address above is located in the NMA-River North zone, are you able to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone? Is the Loop zone also acceptable?

What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees and taxes) for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

PS- please be sure to follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this stay, unlike your previous Priceline Disneyland thread for which there was no 'conclusion' :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I live in the suburbs and am always taking the kids on one night trips to the city. I think you will be hard pressed to find a 4 star for $65. I would expect more in the range of $90-110 - especially since it's the weekend and it is also Venetian night on the lake. It will be PACKED.

Depending on where your friend is coming from, I would tell her to park 'out' and take the Metra from the suburbs. Totally safe and $5 all weekend - unlimited.

DO please post what you win...I'll be anxious to know!

I'm flying into Midway next weekend and will have a rental car. I'd like to find an area within 1 hour of MDW and stay at a nice hotel (3* or 4*) that does NOT charge for parking and that is close to the El. I plan to take the El into City on Saturday and Sunday and then I need to head out for a business trip. Rental car is cheaper if I have the car over the weekend but I really don't need it until Monday and I definitely don't want to pay to park it.

Would staying near O'hare make sense? Are most of the hotel shuttles free? Is parking at most O'hare airports free?

Thanks

If you are flying into Midway, I'd stay in the Oakbrook/Downers Grove/Naperville/Lombard area and then take the Metra train in (Metrarail.com) Metra trains are different than than the CTA "L" trains - nicer and more comfortable. You would drive to the Metra train station and then take the train into the city.

O'Hare hotels do often charge for parking, but the hotels in the SW burbs mentioned above do not.

Need help identifying 3-star hotel in O'Hare Intl Airport ORD Sout

Night of 7/24 for 2 nights.

Ameneties include

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

High Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Children's Program Available

- Does anyone know what this property might be?

- Do they charge for parking?

- Any resort fee?

- I can look it up but in case you know.... How is it far from the L

Thanks

• 1 month later...

While i'm sure this property has rooms with two double beds, i'm also fairly certain it's not the only room configuration they offer... some rooms probably have only one bed. As such you could receive a room with only one bed AND the other issue is that you can't bid on a specific hotel... you could receive a different hotel in this zone (which may/may not be accomodating to your request for 2 beds)

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay once your dates are firm and also follow-up your previous Hotwire Disneyworld and Priceline Disneyland threads with whtatever you ended up doing for each stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your answer! But 4* at this area I saw in could only be Hyatt or Westin so propably sure but I am just curious how if I end up with one bed. Previous I won Sheraton Safari and Hilton at Orlando Disney with 2 beds. But that area is usual to have 2 beds but this area I am not so sure how the frontdesk will handle if PRICELINE only gives 1 bed instead of 2..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]