WA Seattle Edgewater Hotel Downtown Pike Place

flyingyoung
By flyingyoung,
in

Hi all, I couldn't find a review for the Edgewater Hotel at Seattle, WA, so I decided to write a short review based on our stay in March, 2009.

We bid for this hotel via Priceline for about $75/night. I have to say it was a nice stay. The rooms were quite nicely-designed, with very nice looking fireplace, a bear-shaped stool, a very comfortable couch and bed. We immediately fell in love with the rusty, antique-like decor.

Unfortunately parking costs us about $20 per night, and there is no complimentary Internet access. And on top of that, we weren't given a water-facing room, but instead, a room facing the parking lot. Oh, and one funny thing is that the bathroom is designed in a way that it's got no lock, and the toilet is facing directly at the bathroom door! So if you are planning to share the room with someone you are not very familiar with, make sure you let them know before you use the bathroom! :)

Not impressed by this hotel at all.

The Bads:

Even though the hotel was nearly empty they put us in a room that overlooks the dumpster since we used priceline. The rooms are very small. They also play wacky music down the hallway to your room, and the ceiling is the old fashioned popcorn style. I would have thought a 4 star hotel would have updated it since then. Front desk was rude and wanted $30 to put me on the other side of the hotel.

The Goods:

The view on the water side is very good, overlooking the puget sound. The lobby is very beautiful and the outdoor fireplace is nice.

Overall:

Felt like a 3* stay with lousy service.

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

• 2 years later...

We were delighted to get the Edgewater on Priceline for $85/night for three nights. We expected and got a city view, queen size with only the fireplace for heat and no chest of drawers. So, none of these things surprised us or took the shine off of staying there. And we had no trouble with the train noise. We loved being able to sit in the bar or the huge lobby and see the Sound. Can't beat location for taking the bus or walking around. Very pleasant and helpful desk staff and quiet housekeepers in the morning. Our room was small, as expected, but the bathroom was terrific especially the natural rock shower. We did find that taking the stairs (we were on the 4th floor) was quite easy and quicker than the elevator most times.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]