Priceline Hotel: Need Help for Daytona Beach

pinkhouse
By pinkhouse,
in

Priceline's suggested price for a retail hotel in the area should be ignored.

What do you mean that you want a suite? You can't designate a suite hotel or room with Priceline. Are you saying that two standard rooms would suffice?

In order to help and suggest a bidding strategy, we will need to know the date(s) of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Somehow I am not getting my email post stating that there is a reply to my post.

Okay we are traveling to Daytona Beach 11/12-11/14. I would like a 4*. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids traveling. We can easily break it down to 2 rooms. I mentioned wanting a suite because a ran across a resort (can't remember the name now) that offers a 2 bedroom suite that will sleep 6 for 199.99 a night. I didn't really want to go that high.

But I couldn't get a good price on Priceline. The rooms for that date was coming back as much 343-$177.00. Yes, I do ignore their suggested bid amount. But as mentioned even when I went down to a 3* those were the type of prices coming up. So, my bid was being rejected. So, I am seeking assistance with the bid.

Email subscriptions are not automatic, you have to opt for that by clicking the "Track this topic" button on the bottom left of this page (not sure if you did that or not). Also, you will only receive on email per day, regardless of how many replies.

You can check your subscriptions (to see if you are currently subscribed), and delete them when you are done, by going into your control panel by clicking the MY CONTROLS link under the blue banner at the top of the board (there is then a category on the left hand side for subscriptions).

I'm confused... have you already had rejected bids on Priceline, and if so, how much did you bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I had several rejections from PL. That's why I was asking for help.

I bidded up to $60.00. and at first I kept adding zones and the Priceline suggested bid kept increasing.

Then I checked several of the websites and should have been able to get at least a 3* for around 60.00.

But I kept getting rejected with priceline should these ridiculous amounts to increase by bid. For a 3* in Daytona Beach & International Speedway zone PL keep saying that the cost of a room would run $177.00 a night. For a 4* it would cost $343.00.

When I checked the other hotel websites the cost were a lot lower for either a 4* or 3*. Actually, the 4* was running around 129.00.

For a 4* it would cost $343.00

How can this be when Priceline doesn't have any 4* hotels in any of the Daytona zones?

The most widely recognized 'upper tier' brand in this area is the Hilton, and checking their website both of their properties in Daytona Beach are sold-out for these dates. Specifically what hotels are you refering to above?

Obviously $60 for a 3* is not currently enough for these dates. How high are you willing to bid? Are you dates still flexible that you can choose another weekend?

I guess I am now confused because earlier for the Daytona Beach area there was a 4 star selection. I then chose a three 3 star in the same zone. When the amount of 343.00 kept coming up. I added the additional zone of International Speedway for the highest in that zone which was a 3*. That was then rejected with PL coming back saying that hotels in that zone costed 177.00 a night. I was careful not to increase the bid over the 60.00 I was already bidding because I couldn't not find to support the PL price.

I am more interested in the quality of the hotel. I would like to stay somewhere very nice but at a good price. Not pay the same price that I could have gotten from other websites. That's the problem that I was running into while bidding. I kept getting rejected with PL mentioning some outrageous prices that I couldn't substantiate. So, I thought that maybe there was something major happening on those days.

I went back to the website today and only 3* is listed for the Daytona Beach zone and they listed 76.00 as the average price of rooms during those dates. I have to keep those dates. I am open for suggestions.

So what is the best deal you can currently find, as this will likey dictate your maximum bid amount via Priceline? Given the prior prices are not actually available, it seems as if your $60 maximum bid needs to be revised.

What are examples of hotels in the area that you would consider?

Don't bother mentioning "priceline's suggested price" as it's meaningless and not a factor in determining bid amounts.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites

Oceanside Inn

Plaza Ocean Club

Daytona Beach Tropical Winds

Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort

Beachcomer Daytona Beach Resort

Daytona Inn Beach Resort

Red Carpet Inn Daytona Beach

Bermuda House

Ocean Sands Beach

Ocean Walk Resort

Tropical Winds Oceanfront

A couple of these I could get around $60-69.00. This list has been available from the hotel checker so I couldn't understand why a bid as high as 60.00 would be rejected. Bermuda House is a 2 star and we have stayed there before and would be happy there. I could get it for from this list for $59.00 dollars but I couldn't even get that to come up. Any suggestions?

If you have had your $60 Priceline bids for a 3 star hotel rejected and you can get a few of the 3* hotels above for $60-$69, why not just take one of the above hotels? You can have your pick of whichever one you want and after the Priceline fee it may even be cheaper.

Several of the large hotels in Dyatona Beach are closed due to hurricane repairs. The Adams Mark, and Hilton are closed. There really isn't much going on here on before Thangsgiving. I would just call several hotels and check for their rates. The Adams Mark and Hilton are the only 4* hotels in the area, numerous 3* up and down the beach. Again if you need help PM me.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your assistance and offer of assistance during our Daytona Stay. We were able to get a very good internet special at the Comfort Inn Suites in Daytona for $59.00 a night for the weekend.

2 Queen Beds, Suite, No Smoking.

Max Occupancy: 6 persons 1 Room Suite Partial Room Divider Sofabed-2Person Free High-Speed Internet Access Microwave Refrigerator

It was a very nice room especially at that price.

This reminded me to also check the websites for various specials.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]