Priceline Hotel: Bidding Advice Monterey Area (9/5 - 9/6)

Jacko
By Jacko,
in

I am looking for a hotel in in the Monterey Area (date : 9/5 -9/6 .. Labour day weekend).

What will be the best bidding strategy to get a 2.5* (and up).

The budget is $125.10 (excl. tax).. That is what I am now paying for the Baymont Inn (Super 8), already booked this hotel so when priceline fails we can sleep :) If we get a priceline hotel we cancel this reservation.

I know it will be hard to get a hotel through priceline (labour day weekend).. Even a Motel6 is $125,- per night ... :)

Regards,

Jacko, The Netherlands

Please use HOTWIRE and thse PRICELINKS HOTELS , CAR RENTALS and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just found a 3* hotel ($133,-) date 9/5 - 9/6

With the following (in this order):

Complimentary Breakfast ,Fitness Center ,Pool(s) ,Business Center,Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access

I think its this one :

3* Holiday Inn Express at Monterey Bay (Seaside)

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry

Look at the HolidayInn site and the seaside hotel costs $150,- (advanced purchase).

Regards,

Jacko, The Netherlands

Please use HOTWIRE and thse PRICELINKS HOTELS , CAR RENTALS and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread...

Does this Holiday Inn Express work better/worse for your plans? How do you want to proceed?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

We decided to go for the Hotwire (Holiday Inn Express), but Hotwire charges $35,- (taxes and recovery fee) making it even expensier than booking direct by Holiday Inn. This was over our budget.

We are now thinking of taking the Holiday Inn Express in Marina (using your link) and cancelling the Super 8 (is has very bad reviews ..)

Do you think there is change of getting a good hotel for a good price in the monterey area around labour day. (I already checked some the major hotel sites and several hotels in the area have NO Vacancy anymore..)

Regards,

Jacko, The Netherlands

Part of your issue may be that you're looking for a sole Saturday nite of a holiday weekend, which some hotels may put a 2 (or 3) nite minimum requirement since once the room is rented for this Saturday nite, it will be come harder to rent the other nites since most guests will likely be looking to book the entire holiday weekend.

Since this is a one nite stay, what is the purpose... is this a 2 day getaway or are you just passing thru?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]