Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Park Plaza

geronimo
By geronimo,
in

Hey thereuare,

It's me again, Geronimo. :) As is tradition, I'll be going on another summer vacation this year to a major Northeast US city. This year I'm pretty sure I'll be going to Boston at the end of August. To further add to your point, if we are re-bidding on Priceline for a 3.5* and up in Quincy Market or Copley Square-Theater District, am I correct in saying that the re-bidding zones would be Brighton-Brookline, Fenway Park, Medford-Somerville, and South Boston (as of July 5th, 2009)? I'm pretty sure I understand the whole re-bidding process because I've bid on Priceline 4/5 times in the past 2 years, and successfully won once, two summers ago. I remember once though I made a mistake but luckily I didn't get stuck in some random hotel far away from the city. :)

We've moved your post to its own thread so that the thread you replied to could remain for the original poster.

Yes, as of today, you have your re-bid zones correct. You can also confirm your re-bid zones (but i since it's automated i wouldn't rely on it as the sole means of identifying) at RE-Bidding.com

Once your plans are firm let us know and we'll help with a suggested bidding strategy.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My plans are firm and I'm ready to bid now, so perhaps you could suggest a strategy? I just tried to bid a few moments ago, of course using the PRICELINE link from his board as always. I was trying to bid for a 3.5* hotel in the Copley Square - Theater District for Friday August 14th to Friday August 21st, 2009 (i.e. 7 nights/8 days). Unforunately, I wasn't successful with the following strategy:

Bid Copley Square - Theater District 3.5* - $66 - rejected

Added re-bid zone (Fenway Park) - $68 - rejected

Added re-bid zone (North Cambridge-Arlington) - $70 - rejected

I would've kept going, as my maximum would be $75 per night, but for today $70 was as high as I could go because I just made a payment on my card today and I won't go through until tomorrow.

I'm doubtful that $75 is going to be enough for a 3.5* in this zone, but if you want to give it a try, you now have FIVE re-bid zones in this area when bidding 3.5*. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Copley Square-Theater District...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It seems you may be correct. I tried your suggested strategy but failed to win. I even reconsidered the Quincy Market - Faneuil Hall area, but that didn't help either.

Selected 3.5* Copley Square-Theater District...

Bid $63, rejected added re-bid zone (Brighton-Brookline)...

Bid $65, rejected added re-bid zone (Fenway Park)...

Bid $68, rejected added re-bid zone (Medford-Somerville)...

Bid $70, rejected added re-bid zone (North Cambridge-Arlington)...

Bid $73, rejected added re-bid zone (South Boston)...

Bid $75, rejected added re-bid zone (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall)...

Bid $80, rejected

I might have to settle for a 3* in the Copley Square - Theater District, which would likely be the Marriott Courtyard Tremont, I presume. Unforunately, many of the reviews of the hotel on TripAdvisor.com don't seem too positive. What are my chances of winning a 3* in said area for about $55? I've seen a few successful bids at this price in this zone over the past few weeks.

Also, how much do you think I'd need to win the 3.5* in Copley Square (likely the Sheraton Boston, Hilton Back Bay, or the Park Plaza Boston)?

Thanks in advance.

Rates actually look like they have come down a bit since the other nite when i looked.

HOTWIRE currently has a 3.5* in the Back Bay zone for $96/nite with: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business and a TA review of 3.5/5.0 and 420+ reviews which is a match for the Sheraton and that would be our best guess.

So if you're willing to go as high as $95 i think you could be successful, but i would start lower than your previous maximum bid in case lower priced inventory has been released.

Let us know if you want to re-try for a 3.5* and if so, what you maximum bid is... or if you want to try for a 3* instead.

OMG I just won the Boston Park Plaza Hotel for $80/night for Friday August 14th to Thursday August 20th, 2009. YAY!! :) :o :)

Of course I used the PRICELINE link from his board as always.

Boston Park Plaza Hotel

64 Arlington Street

Boston, Massachusetts 02116

617-426-2000

Your Offer Price: $80.00

Subtotal: $480.00

Taxes and service fees: $74.52

Total Charges: $554.52

I realized that I didn't want to spend too much money yet still enjoy myself by not staying in a so-so hotel, so I decided to reduce my vacation by one day and spend more money to get a 3.5* hotel. I was going to use a similar strategy as yesterday (starting at $80/night) and bid all the way up to $90/night, but luckily I didn't need to since I bid $80/night for the 3.5* in Copley Square - Theater District and won on my first try!! :D

Thanks sooooo much for all of your help... this board remains the best! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]