Hotwire Hotel: 4* Niagara Falls

tk4books
By tk4books,
in

Searching for my daughter and her hubby to celebrate their first anniv. at Niagara Falls. We had to wait for his passport to come before booking, and now there isn't a 4* available for Fri. 7/24. It comes up for 7/25 and 7/26 at $121 (varies). Wondering about booking the 2 nights thru Hotwire and adding Fri. night thru the property. 3 1/2* comes up for all three nights at $100 (also varies a few dollars). He travels a LOT so I wouldn't go below 3 1/2* plus it should be special to celebrate an anniversary. Also, if we booked a better room for the Fri. night, do you think they'd let them keep it for the duration of the trip? Wouldn't that be sweet?!

Few issues with booking the last two nites then buying the first nite direct:

-what if the hotel you receive is prohibitively expensive ($300/nite? $400/nite?)

-what if the hotel is sold-out completely for Friday nite?

If you choose to split the purchase, you at least have to be open to the idea that they may be forced to change hotels.

If you're success with the above, it depends upon the hotel occupancy level for the time they are there, the mood of the clerk at check-in, hotel policy, etc.

What are the amenities HOTWIRE associates with the 4* and 3.5* hotels?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Amenities for both 4* and 3.5* includes: smoke-free rooms, fitness center, pools, restaurant, business center, hi-speed internet access.

I checked for Friday night availability for the 4* hotels I suspect fit the bill, and I think it wouldn't be a problem, but moving would be an option. I think the 3.5* for $106 might be the best deal although I'm pretty sure there will be an additional $20 for parking regardless which property it ends up.

The 4* showed a tripadvisor rating of 3.5 out of 5 with 360+ reviews (looks like Hilton). The 3.5*is showing 3 out of 5 with 260 reviews (Fallsview Plaza or Courtyard?).

Amenities for both 4* and 3.5* includes: smoke-free rooms, fitness center, pools, restaurant, business center, hi-speed internet access. I checked for Friday night availability for the 4* hotels I suspect fit the bill, and I think it wouldn't be a problem, but moving would be an option. I think the 3.5* for $106 might be the best deal although I'm pretty sure there will be an additional $20 for parking regardless which property it ends up. The 4* showed a tripadvisor rating of 3.5 out of 5 with 360+ reviews (looks like Hilton). The 3.5*is showing 3 out of 5 with 260 reviews (Fallsview Plaza or Courtyard?).

I think the 4* is more likely a match for the Sheraton Fallsview than the Hilton and that would be my best guess for that one.

Best guess for the 3.5* is the Fallsview Plaza, although i wouldn't excluce the Courtyard, but would consider that a distant second guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and if you go for the 4* and receive the Sheraton, and need to book that exta nite direct, please note as per our support page that we're an affiliate of the Westin and please use our link)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]