Priceline Hotel: London Mayfair -bid NOT accepted 5 star $165 sept 8-12

scappyplants
By scappyplants,
in

Win Calendar indicated that 5 * Mayfair Marriott Grosvners house was won at $135 the week before. (love the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins!)

Bid strategy

5 star - Mayfair - first bid $160 night , not accepted

added Bayswater (no 5 star), upped to $165, then got counterbid offer for $185

As I have lots of time left, decided to try again later. tried through the PRICELINE link of course!

Prices are sadly date specific. And the overall prices are high for your dates. So i belive the $135 win is no reference for your stay when looking at todays prices. And the counteroffer indicates that you're getting close to acceptance. Do you know if there is any special event taking place during your dates?

Just post if you need any help.

Thanx for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

Yellowdog.

Prices are sadly date specific. And the overall prices are high for your dates. So i belive the $135 win is no reference for your stay when looking at todays prices. And the counteroffer indicates that you're getting close to acceptance. Do you know if there is any special event taking place during your dates?

Just post if you need any help.

Thanx for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

Yellowdog.

I had a similar experience bidding for a 3 night stay in London (Mayfair-Soho) from 9/26/2009 to 9/29/2009. Ended up putting in a max bid at $162 and being declined. Seems strange since someone on this forum reported a win over similar dates for $134. I might look at bidding for a 5* in a different area of London but I am not too familiar with the different zones - Mayfair-Soho seems to be the most popular, but what is second option for those not winning with London (Mayfair-Soho)?

Check out the Hotel List pinned at the top of this Other Countries area. There are several other 5* reported wins in different London zones.

Also, when looking at Priceline, first take a peek at the retail/direct buy side. 5*s there at least suggest what might be won in the bidding side. On the bidding side, if it is possible to bid 5* in a zone, indeed there is a 5* in the zone. Might be full, might be really expensive, it is there.

Romelle

I'd suggest checking the rack rates on the possible 5* hotels, and then starting your bidding with the least expensive zone of the zones you would consider. Add in your other desired zones in rough order of their rack rates, as you increase your bid. Finally, start adding in zones that don't have 5* as you continue to increase your bid (free rebids).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]